Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What is better - machines, or free weights?

oskvin

How do you think – are the free weights a betterthing than compound weights or machines? Logically I understand thatmachines will give me more isolation, but is this always a goodthing, or not?

How do you think – are the free weights a betterthing than compound weights or machines? Logically I understand thatmachines will give me more isolation, but is this always a goodthing, or not?
I always felt that free weights give you a better work out, you use more muscles to balance the weight etc. While machines are good to really kill the muscle as proper technique isn't required

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

None of them is better or worse - they are different. Machines allow you to have more isolated moves, which helps with developing very concrete muscles. On the other hand, free weights are very good because they will also develop lots of stabilizer muscles, which is very good for overall development. Therefore, it is best to combine both things in your training routine, and not just limit yourself to one thing.

Everything has it's advantages and disadvantages but generally speaking, free weights are superior to machines.

The reason is simple. When you train with free weights, your stabilizer muscles need to work. When you train with machines, you are pushing a weight along a pre-determined track.

Free weights also more effectively train the central nervous system.

Most people don't like to use free weights because let's face it - they're harder then machines. Free weight squatting is much more difficult then hack squatting.

If you were limited then free weights doing compound movements would always be best. If you have access to a full gym then utilize everything to your advantage.

Top Bottom