Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what bench shirt is everyone using right now

Devastation

Plat Hero
Platinum
still using my double rage x. i love it, but want to go back to denim. will prolly get the inzer black double denim with radical/grid stitching open back. i don't personally know anyone who's used an inzer ultimate denim (actually canvas i guess), but i've heard good things. what you got?

I have a metal single ply X-type bencher, thinking about a Karin's.

Double ply denim, I would go with a Karin's double ply, buy it once and fagetaboutit...

I know Metal makes customs these days but would probably take forever, I've delt with Inzer on trying to purchase stuff from them and will never do it again.

dakotah has a metal (double poly) shirt and got it very quickly, 2 weeks i believe. i've had a karins dd and didn't care for it

i've had good results with inzer products, just don't buy them from inzer themselves :)

Metal now has an option to customize your own shirt, denim chest panel with poly sleeves, vice versa, all kinds of crazy stuff.

I was at a meet where Tate couldn't touch 700 with his metal shirt on, friggin crazy...

oh then Mike Brown nailed 735 in his, don't recall what combo it was but i do think Mike had a double denim chest plate with double poly sleeves, it was a prototype at that time.

im a single ply man myself. Using Rage X's at this point in time, i might try out an F6 some time. i lift usapl/ipf so ive never gotten to try 2 ply.

Id like to try out a real radical double ply, like a 2 ply grid stitched rage X with a scooped neck. Work with it and see what i could do. I can lock out well over 600 (probably close to 650) on pin presses with a 3-4" Rom, so i dont see any reason why i couldnt get 600+ with a good shirt. Anybody disagree? Im around high 4's maybe 500+ right now in my single ply. Thats conservitive though, seeing i hit an EASY triple off three boards with 500 the other night.

im only 198 junior btw, so i could do some damage to a few records with 2ply

Typically you can hit off your chest what you can triple off a three board. I really don't think just adding a single ply will give you 100 lb carryover though, don't want to discourage.

There are a lot of factors, basically having someone who knows how to bench big weight and really jack up a shirt as well as someone you have confidence in.

FYI a natural 198 doing a 600+lb bench is approaching world class, keep testing yourself.

Chambewy20 said:
Typically you can hit off your chest what you can triple off a three board. I really don't think just adding a single ply will give you 100 lb carryover though, don't want to discourage.

There are a lot of factors, basically having someone who knows how to bench big weight and really jack up a shirt as well as someone you have confidence in.

FYI a natural 198 doing a 600+lb bench is approaching world class, keep testing yourself.

well, how difficult is it to touch in a good 2ply poly like the rage x? i was at a meet where a 165er was going for 585 in a custom 2ply rage x and had to pull it down to touch. Like i said i have no experience with 2ply, but from what ive seen it makes it quite a bit tougher to touch.

if it takes atleast high 4's or 500 to touch in my rage x, is it feasible to need an extra 50-80 (maybe more) just to get down?

how big is your arch? i dont know if the F6 or the Fury would better suit me. I get about 5inches off the bench id say.

Top Bottom