Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

westside and week points

Deciever

westside and weak points

im starting westside soon and im wondering what you think my weak points are. These are the exercises i've done recently, so i posted them ... tell me what you think

bent over rows - 135 x 10 reps
db rows- 60lbs for 10 reps
skull crushers 60lb for set of 10
Lat pulldowns with 130-140lbs for set of 8
bench - 190
side delts with db 15lbs for set of 10
front raises with 35lb plate for 3 sets of 10
arnold press- 40lb dumbells for 10
military press- 135 x 4.. (it was 155 on a smith machine so i subtracted 20 lbs cause i think the bar is lighter, any way smith machines suck and so do my shoulders)
incline dumbell- 55 dumbells for set of 10
DB decline 70lbs 10 reps
floor press with 175 x 2pause for 2 secs
close grip 135lbs for 4
tri pushdowns 80lbs for 10

Last edited:
You have a pretty strong back, your shoulders do need some help and so do your tris, but then again everyones tris can be stronger. It seems like your pause is good due to your declining.

your cubanito, your probably right.. just hopin for some more replies... and i realized i spelt week wrong in the title, so i look like a fool now

It sounds like you are getting strong. I suggest that you get the average bands and use them to do the triceps pushdowns as it says on the Westside site..I have started doing these and its really working well. I train my triceps a lot more now than I used to and the band pushdowns have really helped. They are known to bring up bench press numbers

Your back looks strong.I agree with Cubanito17 on the shoulders and tris.Where is your sticking point at when you max?At the bottom?The top?

Sticking point

Your sticking point is probably caused by lack of speed. How much do you use on dynamic day? Do you use chains or bands? I had the same prob until I started with chains and bands, now it blows off my chest to about 3 inches from lockout, weak tri's for me. Oh well. Definitely do the band pressdowns, they will help tremendously! Also try JM presses. Good luck

from what i can tell, i dont use my lats in benching much ( i've never noticed)... i havent started westside yet, im posting these lifts to find out what my weak points are to be able to base my routine around them..so i dont use chains or bands
i've only done floor presses once.
also in my bench i cant get the leg drive down right.. i got it once, and 180 went up really quick compared to my usual. but i only get a good leg drive every so often, im not very consistent w/ it.

goldenone, thanks for the link ,it was a good article,

Top Bottom