Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Westside Squat Question

pete mitchell

I was just reading an article by Dave Tate on T-Mag about doing squats and I have a couple of questions for you Westsiders.

What approximate angle should your feet be pointing out?

When you pull your shoulder blades together and push your elbows forward how do you ensure that the bar doesn't slip down your back when you use heavy weight? A side question on that, how low should the bar be on your back?

When you box squat how long do you pause in the sitting position and how do you make sure that you start the movement with your head instead of flexing your quads?

Thanks

Go to;
www.elitefitnesssystems.com

Dave has a Q&A which you can post questions on. He does his best to answer them all. Hope this helps.

------------------
m.pstm.8106.e.jpg

"I'm having an old friend for dinner."

Ahh, I am glad you posted this. I am doing the "getting big is simple" routine and today was the first day of implementing the secrets mentioned in that article. I really didn't think it helped me much, I need to read it over. The whole "spreading the floor thing" hurt my knees.

Originally posted by Garza:
Ahh, I am glad you posted this. I am doing the "getting big is simple" routine and today was the first day of implementing the secrets mentioned in that article. I really didn't think it helped me much, I need to read it over. The whole "spreading the floor thing" hurt my knees.

Check your shoes man. Make sure when you squat that your shoes don't have a heel. Use wrestling shoes or Converse Chuck Taylor. Spreading the floor just means to keep your knees out;creating a shorter lever, and using you gluts and hams to the max.

------------------
m.pstm.8106.e.jpg

when I was first told to push the floor out i was told to somwhat press your legs diagonally out with knees spread. shoes make a big difference.

CHESTER910.jpg

910 Going UP!! Spread the floor...

foot.jpg

Push to the outsides of your feet...shoes make a difference.

------------------
m.pstm.8106.e.jpg

Yes it was Heavywear...too bad it wasn't mine. I just used the picture to illustrate a point. I'm not quite ready to give 9 a ride, but one day I will.

------------------
m.pstm.8106.e.jpg

Top Bottom