Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Westside and cardio

Tom Treutlein

I was just wondering, would it be okay if I did some light cardio once I start training Westside? Something like, 20-30 minutes of light jogging, cycling, or swimming when I can? I just want to keep general cardiovascular health and endurance up, and I don't have a sled or a tire to flip. Nor the space to do it.

Tom Treutlein said:
I was just wondering, would it be okay if I did some light cardio once I start training Westside? Something like, 20-30 minutes of light jogging, cycling, or swimming when I can? I just want to keep general cardiovascular health and endurance up, and I don't have a sled or a tire to flip. Nor the space to do it.

I just started training westside and have been wondering this also, i am probably going to start sprinting, as i would think that would have the least affect on strenght.

If anything, I would think sprinting would help with strength. However, I believe GPP work is the best, due to the fact that there's no real negative when doing it, and it would help to aid in recovery, if anything.

Recovery is a BIG concern with WSB. I found that sled dragging and "extra work" overtrained me BIG TIME. Cardio does the same for me and my strength gains so I have to be VERY careful when doing any cardio.

On the other hand...anything that you do to get your body into better and healthier shape...is a good thing. It will affect your strength though...

B True

Well that's okay. I'm not going to be a powerlifter or strength athlete. I just want more strength as quick as possible, and Westside seems to give that and a lot more.

So what kind of stuff should/could I do B?

b fold the truth said:
Recovery is a BIG concern with WSB. I found that sled dragging and "extra work" overtrained me BIG TIME. Cardio does the same for me and my strength gains so I have to be VERY careful when doing any cardio.

On the other hand...anything that you do to get your body into better and healthier shape...is a good thing. It will affect your strength though...

B True

I've heard of westside training from an ex-football player I work with..he couldn't find the site though. Where can I find info on it?

Top Bottom