Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

West Side VS Power Matrix?

rgosit

which is better? if youve done both what has given you better results.. if u only did one what were your results..

i was thinking about starting the westside routine.. because the power matrix confuses me..

it says to bench squat and deadlift 2x a week heavy...
but you cant deadlift and squat on the same day.. .
but im thinking you wouldn't want to squat 1 day and deadlift the next..so how do u fit this in??
is going heavy in all these lifts productive twice a week?? or is it designed for athletes on the juice like most football programs?

thanx

I did a modified version of Westside and it brought my total up over 100 lbs in 14 weeks. I like it a lot.

The power matrix looks like too much IMO. Lotta stuff going on there. Too many sets and like you said, that is too much heavy squatting/deading per week.

What the fck is power matrix? Almost everyone here uses westside. If the power matrix is so good then all of us would probably be using it. I know westside has all its articles 100% free on their site www.elitefts.com Does anyone know about where the powermatrix site and their articles are? I know I have heard of that critical bench, that looks shady, you have to pay for their program and westside is free to read.

That powermatrix looks very much like a beginners introduction to training. their description of the benh press is very basic. I think that the powermatrix is for regular gym beginners and in no way for serious and advanced powerlifters like the fine members of this esteemed board

i see some talk about chains and bands.. i kno what chains are and do.what do bands do?? and are they required in westside training??? or in a segment of training... and for how long straight can u stay on the west side ruotine for
?

I train westside, I'm a beginner but when I maxed out from my first 6 weeks I put 150 lbs on my total so I think that's good.

Westside is the shit. The power matrix is just shit.

I tried the powermatrix for a while before I stumbled onto Westside training, and my best bench on that program was 355. I stumbled onto Westside immediately after that, and have put over 120+ lbs on my bench since then, and that has been about 7 months. I have also put on over 100 lbs on my squat, and over 50 lbs on my deadlift, that looks a lot like an almost 300 lb increase in a little over half a year.

BTW, although I had not done any powerlifting before last July, I had been lifting weights for about 10 years at that point. So Westside works. Do what you want, but if you want something that works, and works every time for every one, go Westside.

B

Top Bottom