Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

West Side translation.

Slyder190

I've read a lot of threads on this and checked out the sites. It's all fuckin Chines to me. Anyone around that can break down the routine? How to perfrom the routine and how to rotate the days or sets or however it works?

You train 4X a week.

1 day is Max Effort Squat day
1 day is Speed Squat Day
1 day is Max effort Bench Day
1 day is Speed Bench day.

Got it so far?

On Max Effort days, you warm-up and then do a SINGLE in a related movement. For bench, you may want to do a max single floor press. Once you've done that,you move to assistance exercises, in this order: tris, lats, shoulders. For squat, you warm-up to a max single, lets say in the box squat then work your lower back, hamstrings, glutes, abs.

On Speed days, you do 10*2 (or 8*3) with ~60% of your 1RM in the BP or Squat. You do these explosively, obviously. Then you move on to assistance exercises in the same order as max effort day.

You rotate Max Effort exercises every 2-3 weeks. So, let's say you maxed out on floor presses for 3 weeks, you can change to lockouts, widegrips, closegrips, inclines, whatever.

This is oversimplifying, and I'm sure someone'll explain it better than I....but that was the gist of it.

-Zulu

ZZuluZ is right. Now to add to that on your dynamic bench days it doesn't only have to be 60% it can be anywhere from 55-60% now if you can't keep the time if performing the 8X3 under 3.5 seconds then you need to drop the weight a little bit, because for the speed it should be under 3.5 on top of that your grip should always be different and rotated so say for your first set do close then open up a little say 2 inches but never go past the power ring and never have more than your index finger on the smooth.
About the dynamic squat day you can also do this for deadlifts you use a 60% for the first week and go 60,63,66,70% those percents change every week then after the 4th week go back to 60% the times for your squat if doing 8X2 should be under 4.5 seconds. Make sure to keep your max effort day 72 hours after your dynamic day for that movement i.e. mon-SP bench Thur-ME bench. The ME movement can be changed every 1-3 weeks and the extra workouts, which are assitant workouts, can be changed every 2 weeks. If you still need more help and it isn't enough with doing a search on EF which it should be, then go to www.elitefts.com then if you want explanations on the excercises go to "ask dave" then "excercise index". If you want other help do a search on there i.e. bands and chains. And read all replys you get.

GOOD LUCK. I'll be the first to tell you I've tried alot of different programs and after maxing on westside program I thought about changing, but the good thing is once you find your weakpoint you can work it better and you will accomplish alot in the long run

Thanx to all of you who pointed that out to me, but not straight telling me it.

Unclear.

I'ver looked through the site and the links. I get the basics. I just need the program layed in black and white a little better. I know one day is strength day, one day is a speed day. Is there a third type trainiong style incorperated into the whole mix though? You have to exercises for the other body parts as well. Simple movements for back and delts and bi's, but for tri's there seems to a more in depth style to things I'm not sure of. Can anyone just post what there 4 day a week routine looks like, including the exercises and rest times and what not?

For assistance exercises reps are around 8 or so and 1-2 reps short of failure.

I should have mentioned that Max Effort Day is 72 hours after Dynamic Speed Day.

You won't find a clear cut routine, bud. THat's because Westside training targets YOUR weaknesses not somebody elses; you've got to adapt it to your own needs.

-Zulu

Adams workout is good like all westside workouts are good, but if you notice some on here on the search or just by searching through this board you will see others target there weak points I am targeting mine now which are my shoulders, back, lats, chest, and of course tri's. Although some guys on here say my tris are strong enough to bench 400 well then i just have to target weak points then bring up tri's little by little while doing the rest of the stuff. And I know if you go to search function and at the bottom instead of all boards or whatever you put powerlifting then type in westside you will get a 200 some odd posts b/c most of the posts on here talk about westside training.

Top Bottom