Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Wendler's 5/3/1 log

roguemonkeyjr

Hey fellas, so after taking a week and a half off of the gym, I decided to try out Wendler's 5/3/1 program and see what I can do with that. So i'm training for mass, but also want my strength to go up some but that mostly comes with the food :D. Anyways, during my week off I ate so so you know how it is, now i'm back on my diet starting today and I got back on the gym on Monday. So here is what the program looks like

[FONT=&quot]Monday: Chest, Triceps, Abs
Bench Press- 3 sets of 5 reps
Incline DB Press- 4 sets of 6-10 reps
Seated Chest Press- 4 sets of 6-10 reps
Overhead DB Extensions- 4 sets of 6-10 reps
Cable Pressdown- 4 sets of 6-10 reps[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leg lifts - 4 sets of 10 reps[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Weighted crunches - 4 sets of 10 reps
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wednesday: Back, Biceps
Deadlift- 3 sets of 5 reps
Lat Pulldown- 4 sets of 6-10 reps
BB row- 4 sets of 6-10 reps
Alternate DB Curl (sitting down)- 4 sets of 6-10 reps
Ez-bar curls preacher style- 4 sets of 6-10 reps[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Friday: Shoulders, Traps, Abs
Overhead Press- 3 sets of 5 reps
DB Lateral Raises- 4 sets of 6-10 reps
Reverse DB flies - 4 sets of 6-10 reps
DB Shrugs- 4 sets of 6-10 reps
Cable Rope Crunches- 4 sets of 6-10 reps
Machine Crunch- 4 sets of 6-10 reps[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Saturday: Quads, Hams, Calves
Squat- 3 sets of 5 reps
Single Leg Leg Press- 4 sets of 6-10 reps
Hack Squat - 4 sets of 6-10 reps
Leg Curls- 4 sets of 6-10 reps
Standing Calf Raise- 4 sets of 10-12 reps[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I will also be doing some cardio, depending on when my schedule allows it, it will be 10 to 15 mins HIIT after my workout.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Starting stats, taken on monday are 163.8 pounds, 11% bodyfat, 6'1, 20 years old.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Arms = 15"1/2
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Legs = 22"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yes I know I'm not very big for my height, hardest part of my life is gaining weight, but since I started training I've put on 45 pounds of lean mass :)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Diet is as follows[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Breakfast : 6 whole eggs + 4 whites, 1 cup of oatmeal, 1 banana, multivitamin[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Snack 1 : 1 cup of oats, 1 scoop W2BM, 8 egg whites, 1 tbsp ANPB[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Lunch : 250-300g of lean meat or lean fish, 1 cup brown rice, vegetables[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Snack 2: 2 slices whole wheat bread, 1 tin of tuna, 1 cup of cottage cheese, berries[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Dinner : Now this meal will vary, because sometimes I'm short on time so it will either be like snack 1 or Lunch[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Before bed : 1 cup FF greek yogurt, 8 egg whites, 1 tbsp ANPB or almonds, berries[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]On workout days for PWO : 2 scoops W2BM and 1 banana mixed in water[/FONT]
This is what the diet looks like, with one cheat meal during the weekend usually and a few times a week will switch lean meat for steak or fatty fish. Will post Monday's workout and yesterday's workout in a bit!

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Unfortunately I haven't read the book... Haven't had time with school work and job and all that -.- It's on my pile of things to do though, when I have more time

Gotcha-- I was just making sure!

I'm subbed to follow your log dude! I got a log too if you care to check it out later. "Size Strength & Awesomeness" --its more of a life and lifting log haha

post up some numbers!

So as I said in my first post, I took a week and half off of the gym... felt good to give the muscles a break. Anywho, I started back on the 31st of january with Chest and triceps! Boy did it feel good I was really psyched about the new program and couldn't wait to go kill it in there so here's what it looked like for that first day

Bench Press : 3 sets of 5 reps, 170lbs x 5, 180lbs x 5, 190lbs x 5
Incline DB press : 4 sets of 10 reps, 70lbs
Seated Chest press : 4 sets of 10, 165lbs
Overhead DB press : 4 sets of 10, 25lbs (really felt the tricep squeezing on this one, it was alrdy tired from prior chest work, was burning after this!)
Cable Pressdown : 4 sets of 10, 90lbs (this really f**ked em' up :D)

Gym was closing at 3h00 so didn't have time to do any cardio.
Diet was still so so at this point, was going to start back on thursday with heavy diet!
All in all good workout! Muscles felt pretty tired after.

Workout 2! So I couldn't go to the gym on new year's day, it was closed, but it was probably a good thing... My triceps were wrecked!! So I went to the gym on wednesday! Diet still so so, got a good night sleep and drank a good cup of black coffee prior to workout, when I got there the gym was packed with a fuckload of people.. not many new ones though, thank god for that! So that day was Back and Biceps!!! Here's how it went!

Deadlift : 3 sets of 5 reps, 170lbs x 5, 180lbs x 5, 190lbs x 5,
Lat Pulldown : 4 sets of 10 reps, 2x 150lbs, 2x 155lbs
BB row : 4 sets of 10 reps, 115lbs
Seated Alternate DB curls, 2 sets of 10 reps, 1 set of 9 and 1 set of 8, 45lbs on each set, got a hell of a pump from this one in the biceps! Felt like they were going to explode!!!
Ez-bar curl, preacher style : 2 sets of 10 reps, 1 set of 8 and 1 set of 6, 85lbs, my biceps were demolished but I pushed them to the limit on this one!

Driving my car back home I had a hard time keeping my arm up, so had to lean my elbow on my knee to drive ahaha!! Sign that I got a good workout! Felt good and everything

Top Bottom