Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

This is weird. Why does my sternum hurt?

gettinlarger

It was sore a little bit after my srt of dips yesterday, but I just shrugged it off. Now, it feels weird. It doesn't like ... hurt, per se, but there's some discomfort. I can feel it when I take a very deep breath. It's about where my heart is, but it's only in my sternum. Any thoughts?

After chest days I have pain in the sternum too, especially if my torso moves in a torsional manner (the bone plate between the 2 sternal pectors). It's more of an aching pain in the bone.

I stopped doing heavy pullovers years ago b/c of sternum pain. You probably went ALL the way down and got an intense stretch in your pecs and delts. Don't go so far down.

Sometimes i get the same problem if i sleep wrong.. for some reason i can "crack" my sternum the same way you can crack your knuckles. Sounds weird, but it feels like the tendons in my upper chest sometimes cross each other in the wrong way.

wildonsquats said:
Sometimes i get the same problem if i sleep wrong.. for some reason i can "crack" my sternum the same way you can crack your knuckles. Sounds weird, but it feels like the tendons in my upper chest sometimes cross each other in the wrong way.

Everything pops on me :FRlol:

Try cracking your sternum, by stretching your elbows behind you. It was a little scary the first couple of times (WTF was that!?), but man it relieves that tension like nothing else.

natedog said:
Try cracking your sternum, by stretching your elbows behind you. It was a little scary the first couple of times (WTF was that!?), but man it relieves that tension like nothing else.

I do that all the time...like you said, didn't know what the hell it was the first time. Definitely a strange feeling...but it works.

Top Bottom