Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weird pump I never usually get?

Mick94

Hey guys I went to the gym tonight and worked my back and biceps, now I could lift well while doing back and I done 30kg barbel pretty easy aswel for biceps, but the strange thing is, I got a massive fast pump!! I usually train first thing in the morning at 6:00am and don't get me wrong I do get pumps not as big and and as quick as I did tonight, what does this mean? am I doing something wrong in the AM workouts?? Thanks guys.

yup as steve said probably from what you ate, carbs, sodium/ water retention, protein, are all going to have an effect on the pump you get

Is it a good thing?? I mean my back is sore the next day, in a good way though.. It makes me think I should start training at night again??

if youre training for size, some ppl will tell you it doesnt matter, some will. when im bulking and i get out of the gym im so pumped i can barely put on my shoes or seatbelt or answer my phone. when im strength training, i really dont care about it too much

Is it a good thing?? I mean my back is sore the next day, in a good way though.. It makes me think I should start training at night again??

i don't think it makes a difference.. ur back was sore cause you got in a good workout and ripped up your muscle fibers. not because you got a pump

Arnold and other "early" body builders were obsessed with the pump. Their theory was that with all the blood pumping into the muscles, they would stretch and have more room to grow. I've read some advise advocating trying to get a pump with every exercise.

Now, there may be some truth in the matter -- Arnold and his competition had some of the best physiques ever, in my opinion. That being said, in more recent years it's been proven that pump =/= growth. Training geared toward strength, for example, will experience a lot less "pump" than training for hypertrophy. However, to suggest that strength training will not make you bigger and stronger is obviously inaccurate.

Ultimately it comes down to personal preference. As others have said, diet and preworkout supplementation have a huge impact on the pump you experience. Certain oral steroids and prohormones have notorious pump-boosting effects -- to the point where calf and back pumps make cardio painful if not impossible. If you enjoy the pump, perhaps changing your training schedule will enable you to experience it more frequently. However, your progress is not dependent on the pump, so if morning workouts are more convenient, then stick with those.

Top Bottom