Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weighted Vest

princesa

Elite Mentor
Platinum
I just purchased a 10lb weighted vest. Im gonna put it on and go for a run.

anyone else use them??

is it helpful?

Don't run in one...this is extremely bad for you. I used to be a runner in college and the guys who even naturally carried 10 pounds of fat on them were risking their joints by running. Wear a weighted vest and walk up stadium stairs in it or go for a hike...running is a bad idea. This coming from soneone who can never run again due to running injuries.

Adding a weight vest will shift your gravity center thus forcing your body to change the mechanism of the normal running. 10 pounds is not much of a weight but expect soreness the next day. Military boys and girls do it with even more weight on their back packs. Just don't do it all the time it might be harmful.

I have done it before. I quite liked it. Just don't run too fast down hill.

A friend of mine does it all the time (I used his - and it was 13lbs) and has had no problems. But he isn't heavy to begin with (he is 70kg; 5'7)

i second the not running! my friend messed up his knees bad because he didn't take care of them...and now he can't do much of anything that puts too much stress on his joints for awhile anyways...which is alot of stuff that he cant do. whatever you do, just take care sweatie, it really isn't worth risk of injury!!:)

Top Bottom