Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weighted Pushups

CollegeFratGuy

I do not know what you guys know about these but they are great. A few years ago when I was very hardcore about lifting and so on I added weighted pushups and my bench, size, strength ....you name it grew! i lost weight, had abs, and was stronger than ever. I added them again this summer and saw immediate gains. I started with 25lbs then 2 weeks later started 45lbs. I dont use a spotter very often so I couldnt go past 45lbs, but soon when I lose the weight I want I will. try them out for some nice all around gains!

Reps

Like i said when i was serious about lifting everything was different. I would do the weighted pushups last with either a 25 or 45lbs. I would either do 3 sets in the 10-15 range or one set and so as many as i could, i think i did something around 27 with a 45lbs.....i have it written down somewhere. This year when i did it again i would warmup with regular pushups for 2 sets nice and slow about 15 reps and then i would toss on a 25 for 2 sets with 10-15 reps and the final set was a 45 with about 8-12 reps/

I place them on my upper back. If i have a spotter I place them there or on my lower back. Its not hard to do it alone and just be smart about doing it.

We do these all the time in the Army, partner-assisted instead of weights, with a buddy straddling your back and applying pressure to your shoulder blades. Especially if we're in the field and we can't get to a weight room. It's a good way to work the upper body other than weights.

Top Bottom