Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weighted Pullups/weighted Dips 2 Of The Greatest Excersises, But Often Neglected!

punch

Talk about the ultimate in compound movements since the squat, than your probably going to hear WEIGHTED DIPS and WEIGHTED PULLUPS. Its rather amuzing when I have gone to gyms around the country that the dip station and pullup bar look like ghost towns. Why is this? One reason may be the effort involved in performing these excersises. Its comical to see the tough guys in the gym who put the stack on the lat pulldown machine and crank out 6 reps of gut wrenching, back swinging pulldowns only to get 2 reps out with their own bodyweight doing pullups.

The other day I was working out with a guy who was pretty strong on chest presses, 225 for 10 on Incline. Not bad. However, when we got to the dip machine, he couldnt even get 6 reps with his own bodyweight which is about 185. I hopped on the dip machine, with an 80lb dbl strapped to my waist and cranked out 12 effortless reps. Same goes with pullups. When I first started working out I was lucky to if I could do 4 pullups with my own bodyweight. Now at 191 lb I can do 10 reps with a 45 plate around my waist pretty easily. To this day pullups and dips represent the bulk of my chest/tri and back routines, for one simple reason, they work the best!

My point of this is, especially to all of you starting out is this. All the hype in magazines, websites, television will only confuse the shit out of you if you try to apply everything you read and see. The basics, which built some of the greatest legends in Bodybuilding are strangely enough, consistantly the best. The basics, to me, at least have always been harder to perform than the new "MODERN" methods. I guess thats the reason we dont see them used as much. Just 2 cents from a bro who practices what he preaches!!!

I've been doing weighted chinups for the past month or two and am definitely noticing a difference in my back. What I like about weighted chins is the movement is so smooth compared to some back exercises which can be jerky and strain the shoulders once you get up there in weight.

I also experimented with weighted dips and I thought it was a good movement. But I just don't have the shoulders for it.

DIPS & PULL-UPS FUCKING KINGS TO MASS

I would definitely have to agree that weighted pullups and dips are the fucking greatest most BASIC exercises. I have always included dips and pullups in my routines however now that I am doing Serious Growth I have to keep the reps higher around 13-15 in the begining of the week, and I definitely cant do 15 pullups at a bodyweight of 225 lbs. Haha 10 tops. Anyway I would recommend these 2 exercises to anyone regardless of how long theyve been working out. :rolleyes:

I never saw any significant growth in my lats until I incorporated chins into my routine. Both are excellent.

These have been a staple of my routine forever... That is why I am so fucking huge!! Just kidding..:D

Top Bottom