Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weighted dips/pull-ups 2

anthrax

MVP
EF VIP
When you want to add a bit more fun to your dips/pull-ups and you don't have a belt w/ all the necessary stuff to handle a plate is it OK to place the plate between your knees ?

Anthrax said:
When you want to add a bit more fun to your dips/pull-ups and you don't have a belt w/ all the necessary stuff to handle a plate is it OK to place the plate between your knees ?

I'd figure it would be hard to keep the weight between your legs without dropping it, get a rope or a web belt, shouldn't be too hard to jerryrig something, Me and my bro used a old military strap for along time. Hope that helps

Yeh..try to get a belt...even a backpack will work...as goofy as it looks....

If you don't have either you can hold a DB between your feet....

What I found that works pretty well is use your regular lifting belt (if you have one) and set it on the loosest notch or hole. Slide a hex dumbell inside between your stomach and the belt so the handle is in the middle of the belt and one end of the dumbell is by your stomach and the other end is by your lower ab. It has never come out on me and doesn`t get in the way and is quite comfortable. I have slid a 30 lb. hex inside with no problem. You may have to suck in your abs a lil when first putting it in but it works just fine.

Pump on .....

If you can hold a db between your feet that works pretty well. Then you can also drop it once you're exhausted and rep out a few more.

buy a dip belt, its the best investment you'll make if you dont have access to one in your gym. Ironmind's one is great, bit pricey but solid and comfortable

I think this depends a lot on how much weight you're talking about adding. For smaller amounts, I'd be content with most of the ideas here. But for anything over say 40 or 50 lbs, I'd agree with tweakle. Make the investment.

Top Bottom