Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weight training for weight loss

No, you want to do heavy compound movements: squats, deadlifts, horizontal press and pull like benching and rowing, vertical pressing and pulling like military press and pullups.

Go heavy, but not too heavy. Sweet spot is a weight where you can peform 5 to 10 reps with good form. If you can stick to this type of lifting, 45 mins 3 times a week, eat clean, rest correctly and be CONSISTENT with it all, you'll be burning fat and looking much better.

Just don't expect results overnight, have the willpower to stay consistent and you'll love your body a few months from now. This approach really does work, I've seen so many people change their body comps like this.

The biggest barrier to success in this approach is consistency and discipline. New people feel they need to lift everyday for quick results, overtrain, burnout then quit. Its hard to accept the value in allowing time for recovery when you're very motivated to get in shape.

If u can't fight the urge to stay out of the gym during rest days, goto the gym and use the basketball court, racketball, swimming, cardio etc to get your fitness fix instead of smashing weights every day.

This is actually for my girlfriend! I was gonna have her do 4x10 with a minute in between. Mostly compound movers with a few isolated for her butt! Hahahahaha

No, you want to do heavy compound movements: squats, deadlifts, horizontal press and pull like benching and rowing, vertical pressing and pulling like military press and pullups.

Go heavy, but not too heavy. Sweet spot is a weight where you can peform 5 to 10 reps with good form. If you can stick to this type of lifting, 45 mins 3 times a week, eat clean, rest correctly and be CONSISTENT with it all, you'll be burning fat and looking much better.

Just don't expect results overnight, have the willpower to stay consistent and you'll love your body a few months from now. This approach really does work, I've seen so many people change their body comps like this.

The biggest barrier to success in this approach is consistency and discipline. New people feel they need to lift everyday for quick results, overtrain, burnout then quit. Its hard to accept the value in allowing time for recovery when you're very motivated to get in shape.

If u can't fight the urge to stay out of the gym during rest days, goto the gym and use the basketball court, racketball, swimming, cardio etc to get your fitness fix instead of smashing weights every day.

Great info right derr

to be honest I disagree. For weight loss. high volume, high frequency(5-7 days a week) low weight will burn calories. It's not great for building muscle, but if the ultimate goal is fat destruction without regard for muscle retention then high volume low weight will sure help this girl reach her goal. Remember not everyone trains to be a bodybuilder or powerlifter and to some muscle loss is not an issue.

building muscle teaches the body to burn fat long term. either way, if you stick with it long enough, high volume n frequency or low volume and high intensity is gonna build muscle to some degree. if you're active in the gym, lifiting properly and eating properly you're going to obtain some level of fitness and athletic appearance. whichever route you take though, squats and other compound movements, regardless of the rep range, combined with a relatively decent diet is going to give better results than bicep curls and lateral raises etc.

the other thing to think about for a girl or guy is, building muscle doesn't necessarily mean building the body of ronnie coleman or jay cutler. building muscle will give you a better over-all appearnce, highlight and enhance the natural curves of your body, increase metabolic rate 24/7 etc. the only athletic body there is with very very little muscle is someone like a marathon runner, skinny fat, which in my opinion looks like someone who achieved an above average level of endurance by laboring at a concentration camp for the last year =p.

i just don't see the point in taking a catabolic route to losing weight. burning just to burn, not caring if its fat or muscle, just to see the numbers drop on the scale makes very little sense to me unless you had a specific goal in mind like being a marathon runner or something. besides, that approach requires much more gym time to stay lean. you need to be in the gym doing your cardio basically everyday to keep the calories out > calories in. working hard? or working smart? =D

building muscle teaches the body to burn fat long term. either way, if you stick with it long enough, high volume n frequency or low volume and high intensity is gonna build muscle to some degree. if you're active in the gym, lifiting properly and eating properly you're going to obtain some level of fitness and athletic appearance. whichever route you take though, squats and other compound movements, regardless of the rep range, combined with a relatively decent diet is going to give better results than bicep curls and lateral raises etc.

the other thing to think about for a girl or guy is, building muscle doesn't necessarily mean building the body of ronnie coleman or jay cutler. building muscle will give you a better over-all appearnce, highlight and enhance the natural curves of your body, increase metabolic rate 24/7 etc. the only athletic body there is with very very little muscle is someone like a marathon runner, skinny fat, which in my opinion looks like someone who achieved an above average level of endurance by laboring at a concentration camp for the last year =p.

i just don't see the point in taking a catabolic route to losing weight. burning just to burn, not caring if its fat or muscle, just to see the numbers drop on the scale makes very little sense to me unless you had a specific goal in mind like being a marathon runner or something. besides, that approach requires much more gym time to stay lean. you need to be in the gym doing your cardio basically everyday to keep the calories out > calories in. working hard? or working smart? =D

While I agree with you, some people really don't care about anything the scale.

So what are you suggesting, I don't get it? Just weight train is your suggestion? Because she does do that.

But why do you say high volume, short breaks, doesn't build muscle? What kind of volume are we talking about?

I'm just hard headed when it comes to logic about fatloss because I've been a varsity athlete, then I've been a fat azz with a size 40 waist, back n forth.

I just can't stress enough how heavy compound movements can totally revamp peoples bodies. Your body has no idea that your at a gym when ur lifting, it just reacts to environmental factors and adjusts accordingly. When your pushing and pulling heavy shit, ur body feels it needs to respond or its going to die.

I firmly believe that intensity with compound movements combined with a legit diet will turn your body into a fat burner. High volume and frequency, bleh, ur body is just gonna stay in sugar burning mode as it sees no real threat and reason to change based on the stress it experiences.

Top Bottom