Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

weight training solo or in groups

haroldNJ

with covid it seems like nobody works out in a group anymore. I always liked doing it and socializing during my workouts, I miss it a lot. Since I have been training on my own though it seems like my workouts have been more focused and better. Can you give me the pros and cons of both and your opinions?

I like to weight train alone, hit it hard and get a max pump.

with covid it seems like nobody works out in a group anymore. I always liked doing it and socializing during my workouts, I miss it a lot. Since I have been training on my own though it seems like my workouts have been more focused and better. Can you give me the pros and cons of both and your opinions?

One issue: there's a LOT of people who talk a big game and don't turn up. So I ALWAYS get my shit done. Group or no group.

I’m in agreeable with Steve’s answer. I feel like if you train with someone you end up taking to long of breaks between sets.

I prefer to train alone with headphones on and hoodie up. That just keeps me focused, on track and so people do not engage me while I am training. I try to get my session done within 45 minutes so I don't have a lot of time to waste.

I would say weight training should be done well, maybe not in the group, but at least with one, or max two people. (to not make to long breaks) sometimes you need extra push, pull etc. but by yourself or you can get injury, or technique is terrible. Unfortunately, not even covid, but I think we have times where everybody is in his own world, earphones on and nothing else exist. Years before well... almost nobody had earphones on :) but was way more fun on the gym than now, and workouts were pretty tough to! :)

Top Bottom