Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weight Training Gloves.

miked8c

Tore open some serious calluses on this past Monday, dead lifting. It has put me out for the past four days, and yes I was using chalk, plenty. Listen I know the whole spiel about gloves hindering grip strength and possibly forearm development. Who here uses gloves? I am seriously considering getting some and want so input/advice. I am sick of having these ugly ass yellow calluses that have a thickness of almost 1cm. Yeah I know some people are proud of them, and consider them battle scars and badges on honor.

I disagree, they are aesthetically displeasing and just plain gross, knowing that you have several lumps of dead skin on your hands at all times does not seem like something I would want, never mind call a badge of honor. Call me a pucy, I could care less.

I cant have these things ripping open every session, especially on weighted pull ups and deads. How detrimental can they really be on muscle growth?

Just to rehash, those who have experience with and without gloves, what is your opinion?

Call me a pucy, I could care less.

quote]

pucy!

j/k

i dont like gloves...and i dont like callused hands either, so i sand them down with pumice stone when they thicken up and start bothering me. not to mention all the germs that accumilate on gloves, at least i can wash my hands a couple of times or use sanitizer throughout my workout to minimize catching a bug.

Sounds like your mind is made up. Buy a pair and wear them then, at least it will only be the serious lifters who will laugh. Normal people think gloves are cool lol.

I personally dont have dead skin hanging off my hands like you say, but the skin is thick and tough and now it never tears. I like having rough hands. I would feel like a puss with soft moisturised hands that hurt easily.

Off and but no offence, but when did you start being concerned with being aesthetically pleasing? I thought you had similar training ideas as ghettostudmuffin...

not allowed to use chalk in my gym. I wear gloves for 2 reasons... 1. I dont want to touch other guys sweat with my hands, 2. the calluses were so bad that every girl I was dating was bitching about it .... so i started using gloves and have been for years and years. dont care how they make me look lol. I also wear forearm straps

wear them until your injuries heal. this is the only time wearing them is acceptable lol

keep your calluses filed down with a pumice stone. keep a stone in the shower and file them down weekly.

can't be as bad as the people that are starting to wear those damn web toed shoes lmao I always make fun of them and ask "what are those, shape ups for men?"

Listen guys, whenever I go to the gym and see somewone with gloves all I can think about is how dumb it is. I also laugh at how badass the person wearing them thinks they are. My hands are still raw from tearing the callusses and I have deads in two days. So I'll be rockin some gloves on that day so i don't have to skip a workout, but from now on I'll just be fileing down my calluses so they don't tear again.

Top Bottom