Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weight Plates & 5X5

Shak

I just starting the 5X5 training method. I know I'm not going to be able to go up 5lbs every week, but I'm having difficulty finding weight plates lighter than 2.5 lbs.

I ordered some 1.25lb plates off the internet, but when I received them, they were for a 1" bar.

Anyone have any suggestions of where I can get 1.25lb plates that will fit a standard barbell?

Thanks!

I found 1.25 pound plates at a fitness store near my house. Just look around. They were dirt cheap too. I like the little plates - they really help you progress

Shak said:
for bench and military press i need smaller increments than 5 pounds.

As odd as it may sound, do you have anything you can make at home?

Or, maybe a couple ankle weights? You know, the sand-filled ones you wrap around your ankles. I'm sure you've seen them. I believe they're lighter than 2.5 pounds. If not, you can always pour the sand out.

From Zero said:

As odd as it may sound, do you have anything you can make at home?

Or, maybe a couple ankle weights? You know, the sand-filled ones you wrap around your ankles. I'm sure you've seen them. I believe they're lighter than 2.5 pounds. If not, you can always pour the sand out.

good suggestion...thanks. i may have to resort to this. i think my crappy gym should order them for me...

I just use some large metal collars for my 1 1/4's. Works great. Zero's right on, just find something at home.

doesnt pda have friction plates. i think they are really small plates for small increments in weight.

ffknight84 said:
well your starting weight should allow you to go up 5 pounds every week. Start lighter

Doesn't matter what exercise you're doing. You need to be starting off lighter if you can't go up 5lbs the next week. That means if you have to start with the bar so be it.

I had to do this with some of my lifts and bring it down quite a bit from what I normally did and it was embarrasing at first, but all my lifts are phenomal now (for me anyway) and I've broken through all my old plateaus.

Go lighter and screw the ego...you'll get there. G'luck broly!

Go to a hardware store and buy some 1.5 magnets. My neighbor was throwing away some old speakers and I tore them apart to get the Subwoofer magnets. They are almost two pounds and I use them on dumbells.

Top Bottom