Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weight loss help needed!

yourplaceormine

Hello guys,
I'm will be competing in a judo competition a month from now and i'm looking to drop 2kg to meet the weigh in. I am currently slightly below 62kg and i would like to be under 60kg by the weigh ins. I know that 2kg might seem like easy weight to lose, however i have never had to lose weight before a weigh in, therefore I would like some advice with regards to diet. I understand that i will have to cut back on about 500 calories in a day to lose 2kg in a month. What would 500 calories translate to?

Also, will this is possible without any loss of muscle or strength, given that i already have a lean physique?

Sorry if my questions sound noob-ish.

Thanks!

Do you have any idea of your bodyfat %? If you don't have a good handle on your caloric intake it may be difficult to determine. Personally, I would do it with cardio. You are not heavy, a moderate jog for 1/2 hour each day in the morning would probably do it.

Keep your protein consumption up and in my experience, I don't really lose any muscle or strength running that low a caloric deficit. If you are lower than 10% BF it may be a bit more difficult though.

Hello guys,
I'm will be competing in a judo competition a month from now and i'm looking to drop 2kg to meet the weigh in. I am currently slightly below 62kg and i would like to be under 60kg by the weigh ins. I know that 2kg might seem like easy weight to lose, however i have never had to lose weight before a weigh in, therefore I would like some advice with regards to diet. I understand that i will have to cut back on about 500 calories in a day to lose 2kg in a month. What would 500 calories translate to?

Also, will this is possible without any loss of muscle or strength, given that i already have a lean physique?

Sorry if my questions sound noob-ish.

Thanks!

hey yourplaceormine :)
frankly, i think you should eat foods high in protein and low in crabs. it will help you losing fat without losing muscles

Carbs are 4 Calories per gram, so is protein. Fat is 9 calories per gram. Hard to say what will happen specifically to your strength if you reduce your calories slightly/eat cleaner so you weigh in less. If you keep your protein intake high you likely will maintain your strength, however for anaerobic type exercise you need carbs so how you manage your carbs without contributing to fat gain will determine your anaerobic performance. The first thing you need to determine is how many calories you need just to maintain. It's been a while since I did this for clients and Im not a licensed dietician, so you may need to figure it out yourself. Then you need to calculate how many calories for what exercise, and then create a deficit. If you dont know how or dont want to do all the math on this perhaps instead of drastically reducing calories, eat cleaner. Keep in mind that protein calories dont attract as much water weight so with lots of protein and fewer carbs you should reduce weight, the key is to not go so low in carbs that you dont have energy. In bodybuilding the carbs are often reduced big time before a contest then right before, several hours the competitor loads with carbs to draw in tons of water for fuller muscles. Given that bodybuilding is more of a posing contest rather than a legitimate competition, having fuel to perform in the fighting match is important.

Top Bottom