Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

weight loss diet, minimum strength loss

musclehed275

I told you in earlier threads, that i was dropping down to 242..due to health etc...well, i think i have found the way to lose weight and not lose strength!! In the past, when i dieted for bodybuilding shows...i would break my meals into 6 small ones, eat 100 grms of carbs each meal, and 70 grams of protien, and keep the fat real low! Never had a problem getting lean...
well, this time, i cut the carbs to 50 grms each meal and protien same at 70...what i did then was add in 25 grams of essential fats..flax seed, olive oil etc....i did this because 1 grm of carbs =4 calories, 1 grm of fat=9 calories, so when i cut the carbs to 50 from 100, i put in the 25 grms of fat..so the calories are the same as the other diet...last week i told you i was 251..i am now 249 (down from 260-264) no strength loss at all, im only going down to 247..i can lose 5 pounds of water the night before weigh in! might want to give this diet a try!! Ohhh, and all my carbs consist of sweet potatos, brown rice or oatmeal..and on weekends, everything i can get my hands on!!

That seems like a great diet to cut down.

One question though say you don't weigh over 200lbs and you have to drop weight, do you think that you'll get the same effect???

It's ALOT easier when your REALLY heavy to lose weight than when ur avg tryin to lose.

Sounds like a good diet to me.

Cubanito-I think YOU personally may lose strength because your lighter like me but it should be minimal. You may be surprised though and not lose any strength. I did a diet like this before my last comp and didnt lose any strength, actually I felt strong as hell.

For the last three weeks I've been trying to follow a CKD type diet, no carbs.

I eat salads, meat, fish and cheese split into 6 or 7 meals a day.
I lost 12 lbs, so far. When I first started the first 4 days I would get headaches but that went away.

My energy levels were good, Last Saturday I hurt my back and with the heat and humidity in NY my appetite sucked, so this last week I'm tired and can't go to the gym because I want my back to heal.

I'm heading back to the gym tomorrow. This sucks because I', in week 7 of the 9 week basic program from elitefts. (It Rocks) I get stronger every week even while on the diet.

Cubanito...it all depends on the person, If your real lean to begin with, and your real light, it might affect your strength...I wasnt super lean at 260..but not fat either..you probably saw the pics i posted...but i had some i could lose..i did it slow, and actually im eating more calories than before, just eating clean calories..and adding cardio..
The diet with 0 or almost no carbs..i disagree with, your losing glycogen when you cut carbs..thats the reason for the fast weight loss, but think about it, whats inside your musdes??? Glycogen! Plus carbs are used for "fast bursts" sports..hence, powerlifting!

Musclehed your right about the carb thing w/ the glycogen , but generally the average fat store has about 4 x as much energy as the average carb store. So you can see why if you body didnt use carbs as energy, you could feel very energetic and possibly lift better because you'd have more energy.

Also the inital weight loss is usually water weight being released from your muscles due to the loss of glycogen.

And the short burst of energy, i think that ATP(Adenosine Triphosphate) is responsible for that.

i wish cookie dough was carb free. what asshole stuck carbs in there? yumm yumm.

musclehed: great plan. whenever i cut back down again i'll give this a whirl.

Top Bottom