Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weight Lifting with Lupus SLE

aeroflames

Hi All,

My sis needs to lose 20-30LBS and doing cardio 1hr (bike riding) per day aint cutting it. Most of the fat is in thighs and behind.

The only thing that works is strengh training especially parallel back squat. However due to joint pain she is unable to do this.

She can do leg extentions and leg curls but thats about it.
I have a Weider C650 machine and a bike, is there any other excerise that she can do that will give her the same effect in losing weight around her thigs and behind? Her diet is also very healthy.

Thanks

If weight loss is the only concern, I would look for advice from a nutritionist and get clearance from a medical doctor and physical therapist before taking on any exercise plan with SLE.

One of the primary symptoms of lupus is chronic inflammation, and intensive weight training might not be the best option. Low-impact cardiovascular exercise in this case would be preferable.

It's also important to understand that working the legs will not cause you to lose fat from that area. There is no way to direct your body what fat is to be burned, you simply provide a caloric defecit and your body chooses what stores will be burned for energy. Chances are if your sister has always stored fat there, that she will continue to be genetically predisposed to this.

Top Bottom