Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Week 3 of Westside Training Log

S

solidj55

Ok this is what this weeks DE and ME days looked like.

Monday-DE day

Bench press-4x3x150, was light and really fast so went up to 155 for 4x3
Seated Row(3x8)
Tricep Extensions(2x6)
Rear Delt fly(2x8)

Thursday ME day

Closegrip Incline Press
1x5-bar
1x5-95
1x3x135
1x3x185
1x3x225
1x3x250 This was my last set because I dont think I could have gone up even five pounds and gotten another triple.

2 Board Press
295x1
320x1-Called it day after this one because it was a good struggle at the end to lock out.

Pulldowns(3x8)
Front Delt Raise(2x8)

So next week it will be the same just trying to break this weeks records.

I am hitting tricep pushdowns or extensions on Monday(DE Day)
and on Thursday between the full range closegrip work and the heavy singles on the board work my tris have been fried. So no, I am not typically isolating the triceps on Thursday but I am a pretty good judge of how my body reacts to things and this is working so far. I would do more tricep work on Thursday but I feel the end result would be over-training.

Tricep Extensions(2x6)

2 sets??! I can understand you not isolating them that much on ME day....since you do two heavy movements. However, only 2 sets on DE day? Just tryin to help you out...but I would do alot more tricep sets than that...and I would make triceps the second exercise not back.

It is the second I just happened to type it in that order for some reason, probably because Im really damn tired tonight. Also, I will try to add a few sets to the two that I do right now, I am telling you though, I know my body pretty well and know what has worked for me up until this point so thats why I do what I do.
I will take your advice and try to do like 4 or 5 sets and see what happens, hopefully not what I think will happen but we shall see.
Thanks for the lookout, not trying to come off like a dick or anything, Im just tired as fuck.

Good luck man....you have to slowly build up to the higher volume.

Also, try the JM Press. It helps to have someone that knows how to do it to show you though...there are about a million different descriptions on the web...and they all make it more difficult than it is.

Yea thanks man, I am not sure how to do the JM press and to be honest no one where I am will know either. We have a hand full of powerlifters here but most on the local level. The only three I know of lift old school and only one of them anyone has probably ever heard of and thats Donald Robbins. I may try to figure out from the descriptions and see how it feels. But like you said I will have to slowly work up the volume on my triceps, I just seem to overtrain easily, but whats good about that is that I also respond well to a lot less than most people do. So we shall see.

Thanks for the video bro, It look easier then they make it sound

Top Bottom