Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Wearing alot of clothes while lifting

When I was lifting I saw alot of guys wearing alot of layers. Does it help lose weight to do that ???

Some people like to wear more clothes in the beginning of their workouts to keep muscle warm and get warmed up faster. I don't see any major benefit as far losing weight goes.

Since before I started training there's been some puerile idea that wearing layers will 'help burn more fat'. It doesn't. Ditto to training in so-called sauna suits or even actually training in a sauna.

It will, if you need to make weight for boxing or wrestling, help you lose water. So as far as, being pedantic, 'losing weight' it will. But that's not the same as losing fat and getting lean. And, of course, as soon as you have a drink you'll add that water right back on.

Some people feel self concious at the gym so maybe they are wearing extra clothes to try and hide their extended bely and love handles?

I am not sure.

I wear a hooded sweatshirt with the hood up all year at the gym. I like to sweat. Especially on days when I can't make it to the infrared sauna. It also makes me look like the grim reaper so people are less likely to strike up a conversation while i train

I like wearing multiple layers just to feel snug and sweat it out. It has no bearing on fat loss at all.

Top Bottom