Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weak triceps=weak bench

kakarot417

hey so i tried more weight on the bench, last time i did 115 and was told thats too light, today i did 135 i did one set of five on the flat bench but during my second set i could onlyl get halfway, then my triceps would lock midway, i could hold the weight at that level, just not go anyhigher cuz of my tris, so what should i do? just hope my tris get stronger, or what?

you could
a - bench with a weight between 115 and 135, and

b - do exercises that strengthen your triceps

Work your tris. JM Presses, rolling extensions, elbows out extensions...work them in the bench plane.

i just started skullcrushers and those have been killing my tris, ill just give it time and add more weight gradually. thanx.

Close grip bench press...skull crushers...eat meat...time

those will make you stronger/bigger.

Spatts...avatar is lookin good

Kakarat, you might see more carryover if you choose tricep work that's actually in the bench plane, like JM Presses.

I agree. My triceps are either 1. super weak or 2. my shoulder is effecting my bench more than I think.

My bench is a paultry 325 right now... which really sucks as I'm 240. It SHOULD be 480. I'm workin on the tricep thing, it seems to be helping. :)

I'd definatly hit the tris... close grip bench... I think things called "tates" I hvae used them a couple times... and they seemed to hit my tris hard.

C-ditty

definitely close grip bench press! my bench went thru the roof a short time after i incorporated close grip bench press into my triceps workout.

Top Bottom