Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weak tendon

Jonx1000

I can bench press but when i try to maxout it feels like the tendon that attaches my right pec to my armr gives out on me. I had surgery on that tendon in april cause it teared completely but my doctor gave me the go ahead in july. Will it ever get better? Because I can workout in the weight room but some excercises just feel weird and sometimes it just feels funny at random moments. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I am recovering from a torn pectoral major tendon. Does anyone have any suggestions for strengthening?

Last edited:
My advice is to ask the doctor who did the surgery, what is best. Having any kind of injury or repair, changes everything. But also, I am 100% sure you can work through it, and go as far as you want, as long as you do it right. There might be others here who have had to work through a pec tear, but everyone is slightly different, so please do follow whatever your doctor says. You should NOT be feeling a "cutting or tearing" sensation, as I believe that means you're threatening to re-injure the tendon.

With that said, I've had a wrist tendon injury, and I had to be very careful about stressing it at all, for about a year. I was able to do 90% of my routine, but I had to lay off the bench for a few months. I was able to maintain my chest anyway, but using the pec deck and dumbell flys. Just no regular bench presses. Nothing that I had to "push" straight out on my wrist. I could pull; just no pushing or force with the thumb involved. Obviously a pec tendon tear is a whole different ballgame, but there's a way to work with it.

Charles

Top Bottom