Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

We need an IQ test at all public firing ranges!

dirty~d~

Slobberknocker
Platinum
My brother and I went out to shoot off a few rounds at the range this afternoon. When we first got there and signed in, the guy at the counter shares with us a short story: He lost his temper on one of the guys on the handgun range because he put a target up over a sign that said "DO NOT SHOOT HERE" for his kids to shoot at. Ok, that right there should have told me to pack up and leave, but I haven't shot a rifle in over a year... I was in need. We walk out to the range and notice that we were the only ones on the rifle side. Everyone else was on the handgun range.. fine, we weren't going to shoot the 44 first anyway. From what we kept hearing over the speaker "Handgun range DO NOT touch weapons during a cease fire. GET BEHIND the red line." we figured it was going to be safer to stay where we were. About 2 hours later 5 hicks come over from the handgun range (yes, the same ones that were getting yelled at over and over again for safety issues) bragging about this 50 cal they have... none were wearing safety goggles or ear protection. The first words out of their mouths were "Oh fuck yeah, this gun is the fucking shiznit." :rolleyes: GREEEEEAT, this sounds like an issue waiting to happen. Sure enough, they pull it out and THE SAFETY IS OFF AS HE'S LOADING IT (he's also holding it pointed straight up in the air as). The first guy starts shooting at my target from 3 stations down. Now, keep in mind each station has a number that matches the target down range... pretty basic from range to range. So I calmly put the safety on, eject the round and the mag, put down my rifle and walk over to their group... "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING SHOOTING AT MY TARGET????" I got a blank DUH stare from each one of them. "Your target? Which one is yours? You mean we can't just shoot at any of them?" :xeye: I couldn't believe what I'd just heard. I had to explain to these smackasses that the number over their head was the lane they were supposed to shoot in and that if they didn't put up the target they weren't supposed to shoot at it. They couldn't understand why either. They thought I was mad because they put a hole in my target. "We'll buy you a new one if you want." A new one? WTF? Are you kidding me? In the meantime, I'm looking around and the safety official is sitting on her fat, lazy ass inside the office watching the whole thing. No one who works there seemed to care that these evolutionary rejects were handling this loaded weapon with not a care in the world about how to do it safely. We finally left because I started to lose control of my temper.

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!

:bigbuck:

I propose a new rule for ANY public firing range... MANDITORY IQ TEST for anyone who walks through the front gate. If you score below a certain number you are shot on site and your limp body is dumped over the cliff. Your weapons are then given to the next person who comes in that passes the IQ test. Sounds reasonable, right? :chomp:

You're right, way too many morons out there with firearms. I haven't been shooting in years. I don't think I've even touched either of my guns in at least 2 years. They got a cleaning before I put them away last, but could probably use another quicky. Your thread makes me want to go out shooting again (minus the idiots of course).

I think we could make a pretty interesting thread with just horror stories about visits to public ranges. I try to stay at more tightly controlled ranges, but sometimes it's a visit to one of the places like you describe Dirty-D that reminds me why.

Why is it that firearms in general brings out the "I know everything", testosterone overload in some people? And usually those are the people least likely to actually hit anything.

God ~d~ that would be funny if it wasn't so god damn scary. People like that give the shooting sports BAD names. The scariest thing however wasn't the idiots shooting - it was that the range officer was sitting on her lazy ass and not doing anything. JEEZUS. UH, HELLO - PLEASE DO YOUR JOB!!!!! Imagine the liabilty/potential for injury of that scene? AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!! Ok - must go calm down now.

Do you have another range nearby ?
I only go to ranges that have kick ass rules and follow up regarding safety.

1 strike and you are OUT and are also added to the Banned list that they keep at sign up..

Scary none the less especially indoor ranges where there is little room for error.

The range I shoot in is an indoor range that is ran by an ex county sheriff. He is cool guy but you gotta follow the rules. They have cameras all over the range and they watch your evey move. They have an intercom system too and they are not afraid to chew your ass if you do something stupid.

My friend and I were at the "range" (see open space canyon) shooting one day. These dumbfucks had a keg that they were shooting at. Oh yeah it was with a .22 which was splattering and ricocheting nicely. We went over and told them what was going on and got the "Oh sorry". So they shoot at some other stuff for a while, then the sub-genious leader of the group goes and turnes the keg on end and they start shooting at it again. We left because I was getting ready to shoot them and figured I don't need to do any jail time for helping out natural selection.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Y_Lifter said:
Do you have another range nearby ?
I only go to ranges that have kick ass rules and follow up regarding safety.

1 strike and you are OUT and are also added to the Banned list that they keep at sign up..

Scary none the less especially indoor ranges where there is little room for error.

Unfortunately there aren't many ranges in the area worth going to for shooting rifles anymore. The one my father and I used to visit was closed down and the property was sold to a private developer. The resort they built is very nice, but they decided against adding a firing range. :( I'm thinking I just need to move to a different state... this one sucks.

Colonel Ingus said:
What state D?

I'm currently in Washington State. I'm thinking I need to relocate to the Northern part of Colorado.

Top Bottom