Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Wave Loading

anthrax

MVP
EF VIP
What do you think of this "philosophy" ?

ie with one exercise :

1 x 6 @ X lbs
1 x 1 @ Y lbs
1 x 6 @ X+10% lbs
1 x 1 @ Y+10% lbs
1 x 15 @ 15RM

psychedout said:
So X would be a lot lighter than Y right?
around 20%

for example
X = 170 lbs
Y = 200 lbs

Primarily strength

I've heard a lot about it.From Poliquin, Ian King, Don Alessi...a lot of guys at t-nation are swearing by it because heavier weights on singles (or even partials or even isometrics holds in the top position for that matter) provide a potentiation of CNS (if you don't use too much weight and tire yourself too much) so you can lift heavier weights on your 6's sets or whichever rep range.I was just wondering how to incorporate that concept into dual factor theory???Where to put it???Loading or deloading period???Both???Just manipulating the total volume of workouts???
I guess it is more suitable for deloading period, but I think there's a way to include it in both periods.
What do you guys think about less rapid jumps in weight and rep range(or none at rep range dpt. at all) in the loading period and more severe jumps in the intensification phase???
Sample workout for the loading period for bench press 275x4/250x6/285*4/260*6/295*4/270*6
Sample workout for the deloading period
330x1/295x1/340x1/305x1
For the very last workout just 5 sec. isometric hold in the top position with 110% of projected max, 2 minutes res and then i would take an attempt after my new 1rm max.
What do you guys think about it???Madcow2??

Top Bottom