Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

warmup sets and rests between sets

Hi.
Hell, there are so many things i'm not sure about.
This time it's about warmup sets and rests.
Most of you start with few weights and add weights every set. i can't do that. when i do a set, i get more and more exhausted. so i have to do the hard stuff at the beginning and put weights off after every set. am i doing anything wrong here?

And how long should i make the rest between sets? till now i always did 2mins because i somehow need that long till i can do a heavy set again. is that too long?

Ok first off getting exausted between sets is what is supose to happen.Now if you are struglling with the weight than just lower it.Your not lifting to impress.You should do atleats 2 warm up sets. and to answer your other question 2 minutes between each set is fine thats what I do and most other people.Now I'll give you an example of how I do my workout on the Bench and you can take it from there. First off my max bench is right around 280 lbs. I do 2 warm up sets of 10-12 reps each with 135 lbs..Now unless I'm maxing out that day which I only do every so often I usually only go up to about 240 lbs for 6 reps at the most.Basicaly you just need to lower the weights on each set till you find out what your able to do.The strenght will come.Also if you think your going to have trouble with the last set grab a spotter and get some help.Thats what I do I mean theres times towards the end of a workout when Im strgling to get that 240 up 6 times so i grab someone and get some help this helps alot them negatives will give you a nice fuckin burn...

Top Bottom