Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Warm Up Your Hips With The Agile 8!!!!

SouthernLord

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
EF VIP
My hips are always tight. Well, not so much now. These drill have helped me a lot and this serves as a great warm up or even an extra workout in itself on your days off. This is a cut and paste from Coach Defranco's website.

Joe D’s “Agile Eight”

#1 – Foam Roll IT Band – Start just below your hip and roll up & down to your mid-(outer) thigh 10-15X, focusing on any tight spots. Then perform 10-15 “rolls” starting at your mid-(outer) thigh and rolling all the way down to the outside of your knee. Again, focus on the tight areas.

image010.jpg

IT Band Foam Roll (Beginning position)

#2 – Foam Roll Adductors – Start just below the crease of your hip and roll up & down to your mid (inner) thigh 10-15X, focusing on any tight spots. Then perform 10-15 “rolls” starting at your mid-(inner) thigh and rolling down to the inside of your knee. Again, focus on the tight spots.

image012.jpg

Adductor Foam Roll (mid position)

#3 – Glute/Piriformis Myofacial release w/ static stretch (This is my favorite. This hurts so good :evil:)

#4 – *Rollovers into “V” sits – Perform 10 reps
#5 - *Fire hydrant circles – 10 forward circles/10 backward circles each leg
#6 - *Mountain climbers – 20 reps
#7 - *Groiners – Perform 10 reps. Hold last rep for 10 seconds…push knees out with your upper arms while dropping your butt down.

*The video below demonstrates exercises 4-7. Make sure you really focus on achieving a big range of motion with all these exercises. Don’t just go through the motions!

#8 – Static hip flexor stretch – Perform 3 sets of 10 seconds each leg. Perform all 3 sets on one leg before moving onto the other leg.

image014.jpg

Static hip flexor stretch

If performed 5-7 days a week, I guarantee this simple routine will make a huge difference in how you feel and how you move! This routine can be performed at home before you leave for work, school, practice, etc. Or you can perform it at the gym before training. The bottom line is that there’s NO EXCUSE for not fitting this quick routine into your daily schedule.

DeFranco's Training ..:: The Ultimate Way To Become A Better Athlete ::..

This really is great guys. If your hips bother you ever, then it is worth the 10-15 minutes a few times a week.

I was having a hard time hitting parallel just an empty bar. My hips are loose and pain free now.

good post. stretching is essential to muscle growth, thats what arnold said back in the day along with MANY others.

i'm just trying to dig out tom platz's leg workout now. lol.

Top Bottom