Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Want to train after varicocele surgery

Ulaisa

Not long ago I had a surgery done on my varicocele, had it on one testicle. The operation went well, and everything. But my doctor told me that I should not train for 6 months, which seems like a hella lot to me without physical activity. How much time you think would be a good time to get recovered?

I had this surgery done back in the days, and waited three months for full recovery. It does not seem like much, especially considering the small scale of the operation, but the problem is that it consists in closing up the veins down there, and letting new ones develop. When you work out, you increase the blood flow, which may damage the veins, or open up the old ones. In fact, I would feel accute pain there when I did something physically demanding. But this is also quite personal. Some people recover faster. Make sure to wear a tight underwear, which will not allow much movement of the testies when you train and walk around – this helps with recovery.

it sucks having to take time off man but shit happens in life where you have to

don't worry you will come back stronger in due time, be patient and listen to your doctor.. if you didn't like his advice seek more opinions. i'm sure there are things you can do to stay active

I would take @levbutlerov's advice on this one since he is speaking from personal experience.

Long times off from the gym suck - no questioning that but I would really take your doctors advice. It's not like he gets anything out of keeping you out of the gym. He has your best interests in mind.

It is a minimally invasive surgery, and you get fully recovered within a week. Then just wait for the stitches to be taken off. The surgery is not painful - feels weird, but does not hurt.

I would always be cautious. If you went back early, the best thing that could happen is that you start training again. The worst is that you completely fuck up your nut and have to have surgery again. I would always err on the side of caution.

Top Bottom