Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Want to stop adding mass.

pepi

I have been lifting for about 3 years now and im pretty happy with my size.
I don't want to grow anymore as i feel i am losing speed and agility for football.
Is there any way in which i can continue to increase/maintain my strength without continuing to have massive gains?
Would higher reps/lower weight help?

Also, my pecs are developing a lot faster compared to the shoulders/traps so it looks pretty stupid. I am working them out once a week.
Should i stop benching and focus on other pec exercises?
Edit/Delete Message

^^ Obviously if you are gaining weight, you are still eating too much. You can add strength while maintaining weight, it is just slower and more difficult.

Like cynical said... either stop eating as much, or eat the same and add (more) cardio to compensate. Training with light weights doesn't "get you cut" like casual lifting, Muscle and Fitness subscribers like to believe.

Edit: Keep your rep ranges in the 4-6 range to maintain your strength. Still make attempts to keep adding weight to the bar; although you'll have a harder time without the extra calories.

Good advice so far. Lower reps. Try puting chest at the end of one of your workouts when you are tired - it won't get worked nearly as much and will allow you to focus more on other bodyparts. Whatever you startthe workout with when you are freshest gets worked the hardest and tends to respond the most.

Top Bottom