Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

want to put a tiny bit of powerlifting into my bodybuilding routine, plz help

Not to say anything against these guys, cause everything they said is correct...but. If you wanna be a bodybuilder dont do westside. Its not the same. Speed is useless for you. You want to have time under tension, and contract muscles at he top. Your goal is size, your goal is to achieive the biggest pump you can.

You can get thick and rock solid powerlifting. No doubt. But you will get bigger faster training like a bodybuilder. Period. There are 2 guys in my gym tht were powerlifters and they decided to go back to bodybuilding, they in a short time out of powerlifting have become big! I mean they look different.

I would say get your routine you wanna use, work each muscle once per week, remeber you need to recupe for size. Do the basic lifts if you wanna get stronger too, like squat , bench , deadlift, cause done with reps aimed towrd bodybuilding you will get stronger , i promise, but you will also be getting thick from that training. Start you training days with a heavy movement reps form 5 to 8 then do pumping exercises.

Just my 2 cents but if you goal is BB you need to train like one, just heavier. Westside will increase your strength, and over time you will build size. Most of the guys at westside that have acheived those physiques have trained for years. Time will make anybody big, but as big as they are or any powerlifters, we aint gonna just rip up and win shows, well maybe locally! Its apples and oranges. Those strong pro BB out there you here about, they pretty much train the way i just told you.

yeah, i just read "the new testament: conjugated periodizatoin", over at elitefts under testoserone mag articles, and got a good understanding of the whole system. i dont think i could do it without any direct work on triceps or biceps or the like except to supplement main lifts, and taking sets 1 or 2 reps before failure,, thanks for the help though. i am sitll gonna try to maybe place a few principles into my routine of powerlifting, but i dont think i can get the westside routine in with their breakdown in days.

Dude, you don't have to train too failure even as a bodybuilder.....

You can just add in a couple sets for bi's, calves, etc....after your workout.

You don't need direct tricep work, they'll get hit plenty with the heavy close grip benches, JM presses and extensions. No need for that tricep kickback crap.

JMHO,

-ZUlu

Top Bottom