Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

want to increase power ratio to mass??

thriller

since im a ball player and im not that tall im fine at the wieght i am at.
i was just woundering how i could increase my power and strength without gaining mass(i know you have to gain some mass). i just want to make sure my training is fare from body building.
so any advice would be great!

Keep reps under 6. 3-5 is even better.

Keep rest periods on the long side 3-5 mins is about right.

Basicly train like a track athlete. All the sprint endurance work they do reduces their muscle mass while keeping their strength and power up.

Don't eat too much :)

He plays BBall.

Just remember that a bigger muscle will exert much more force than its own gain in weight. A slong as you stick the loaidng parameters above. If you gain 5lbs of muscle in your legs, chances are you will double your power outout!

i understand that a bigger muscle will exert a bigger force. all im saying is if i gain mass i want that muscle to be super lean and super explosive.

i dont think the eating issue is to big. all i do is eat clean food and i eat as much as i want and im losing fat.

so ccj you sayin i should do lots of cardio (which i have to start doing in a bit) and all my lifts heavy and explosive??

JDarty6173 said:
Thriller, what kinda ball do you play? And why are you opposed to increased muscle mass?

the reason is partly i want to see how my quickness will do and vert if i try and gain in lifts but not to much in body weight.
because alot of the quick guys in ball and the jumpers are lean and skinny. but there are alot of guys that are massive that can dunk. but im just trying this for now.

any more advice anyone??

just remeber with 2 players of equal skill and technique, the stronger and bigger player will be better :)

I never said anything about cardio - the only way these sprinters stay so light while taking steriods and training heavy is because they do so much speed endurance work and general training in addition to their weights and plyos etc. The body will become its function

its all about power to weight ratio. Put one of those light and skinny guys against someone who has equal skill but built like David Boston for example. No contest :D

The skinny guys are quick because they have no weight to move, but a big lean muscular person will move even faster because his weight pulls itself. As long as the msucles are functional.

The only skinny guy I know who is very explosive is that triple jumper Jonathan Edwards, but he can power clean 330lbs while weighing 172lb himself!

Last edited:
off topic, but thriller, have you played any AAU basketball teams? if so, which ones and how'd you do against them? I was in Detroit this summer for the 16u nationals with my team the Rhode Island Hakws

CoolColJ said:
just remeber with 2 players of equal skill and technique, the stronger and bigger player will be better :)

I neevr said anything about cardio - the only way these sprinters stay so light while taking steriods and training heavy is because they do so much speed endurance work and general training in addition to their weights an dplyos etc. They body will become its function

The skinny guys are quick because they have no weight to move, but a big lean muscular person will move even faster because his weight pulls itself. As long a sthe msucles are functional.

ya this is what i want. i want functional muscles. i understand that the bigger and stronger athlete would win but all the guys i play against for my position i am bigger an stronger. but that doesnt mean i cant get bigger and stronger. like i said i dont want to be body building i want fast big muscles. i just thought that training like this would be hard to get big muscles. no?
or are you saying i should have a bulking stage?

megad said:
off topic, but thriller, have you played any AAU basketball teams? if so, which ones and how'd you do against them? I was in Detroit this summer for the 16u nationals with my team the Rhode Island Hakws

ya iv been going to the states every year since grade 8 (in 11 now) we usually play this team from upper new york state that would kill us. but we killed them this year.
have you ever heard of the tournament GYM RATS??
we when to that this year we didnt advance (not trying to make excusses but our coachs didnt tell us it was points for and against and the first game we played we gave up at the end of the game playing this team from washington) but we beat the team that was ranked second in the tournament and the tournament was supposivly the second best recruiting tournament in the states.

Top Bottom