Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Walking as warmup for running

Banare

I am usually quite short on the time, and I have togo walking to the place where I can go jogging. Can I consider a10-15 minutes walk as a warm up for jogging? After the jogging I dosome sprints, so it kind of works like a gradual warmup for me. Is itok?

Sounds like a good warm up and smart execution plan to me. I would do the same thing as a cool down. Kind of like a pyramid.

Walk, jog, run, jog, walk

Thank you guys for the support - now at least I know it is all good!

Yes but why not jog to the place? Just at a slower pace. Then do 2 minutes stretching. It's strange you ask - just like the guys that drive to the gym to run on the machine lol

The problem is that the road is very bad on the way to the place, and there are several street crossings that would ruin the tempo.

To me that sounds like a good plan. Perhaps, the only thing you could additionally do, is move your upper body and hands while you are walking, so you get more thorough of a warmup. Then the jogging will be a good warmup for sprints. Can't imagine any way that would be more gradual for running.

Top Bottom