Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Walking any good?

KLOUNIK

I walk everyday approximately 5 miles in the morning,and another 5 miles in the evening. Could I consider this as cardio,or this is just useless loss of time? Need advice here pls

absolutely it is cardio.

walking and even standing all day burns way more calories then sitting

I actually bought a stand up desk and i have trimmed up just from not sitting all day

obviously you will burn way more calories running 5 miles than walking.. it is all about pacing. BUT if you have leg injuries that prevent you from running, than walking is way healthier obviously

Definitely walking is cardio training. Obviously, it is not as potent cardio exercise as running, but you still move around, so you spend calories, and your heart will work harder to move the blood all over the body.

Absolutely! Anything that goes your body moving burns calories and counts as calories.

You can burn a lot of additional calories each day by just walking instead of driving, taking the stairs instead of the escalator etc.

It might only be a couple hundred calories but it adds up quick. Do that every day and over the course of a week, you can loose an additional pound per week just by increasing your daily activity.

It is definitely cardio. As you do it more and more you will be able to walk faster and maybe move up to jogging. By walking 10 miles per day you are doing more than 99% of people.

Walking is supposed to be one of the best exercises for you, but I think it's something which the older generation probably enjoy more.

Top Bottom