Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Volume training. Super sets & drops to failure....

patsfan1379

Owner of the gym started me on a new routine today. I woke up Monday pissed of for some reason and just wanted to try something new. I used to do the old 12 sets per bodypart 8-10 reps per set.

Well I started Monday volume training. HEre is typical workout. Every set is to failure.

Incline DBs: Start @ Max weight for 8, then drop to 50% until failure. Do 4 sets.

Flat Machine Press: Max for 8 then drop a plate, continue... 4 sets.

Incline Flys: 3 sets of 8 reps then jump right into flat pushups to failure.

Cables: 3 sets of 8, jump in and out of upper/lowers.

Has anyone had experience in a program like this? Did they see any benefits?

I am looking to break a strength and size plateau i have been at for about 6 months...

Let's just say I'm natural at the moment, and so is he...

Basically I want strength and size and soemthing new.

My body has become accustomed to the regular routine.

5x5... etc????

Personally, I would recommend the 5x5. I have tried high volume programs, and I didn't get as much out of them as I have the 5x5.

i just changed my work outs also.

Some people do not like to change there work out because they know how strong they are on a given lift but when you change the order or intesity you appear to be weaker but actually you are not.

It is all a mind game

I usually give a new routine about 6-8 weeks to see if it will produce decent results. Every body's routines work.....for them; but we're all different. Give it a try and see what you think. If you don't like it, give the 5X5 a try, I think you'll like it.

Top Bottom