Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Video: Crossfit Training, Anyone try this

i saw 2 people at th egym doing this and asked them about it. one dude looked pretty big. workout looked intense

mpm1 said:
For starters those are some of the worst form pullups I have ever seen done.WOW
Crossfit calls it kipping. They use it as an intermediate step towards a pullup. It's a good way for a beginner to get strong enough to do a pullup correctly.

there's a fucking annoying chick in my gym who Crossfit-izes to the Max in a Totally Extreme way.. she ties up a 20 foot zone around the power rack to do one gay looking badly performed exercise after another in sucession which makes my blood pressure rise to dangerous levels when I'm trying to do legs.

imo if you want to be big and strong don't do anything that could be considered 'crossfit'. If you want to be the kind of person who goes online and gets into endless debates about how the cast of 300 trained and brags about being able to do 20 horrific looking pullups 'with a kip' then have at it :p

fortunatesun said:
Crossfit calls it kipping. They use it as an intermediate step towards a pullup. It's a good way for a beginner to get strong enough to do a pullup correctly.

It's actually considered more advanced than a strict pull-up. It's a total body exercise that is very effective if your goal is power production. Most learn strict pull-ups first and then kipping. Once you know how to do them you can do about 50% more reps than with strict pull-ups and you can do them much faster. But again, it's not a strength exercise, its a power and metabolic conditioning exercise.

Stu

I don't know if you guys know of Chef... he used to be a very frequent poster on here back in the day. He transformed into an absolute monster from a former out of shaper, the greatest transformation before and afters I have ever seen, and he is now a crossfit disciple.

It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it is absolutely an effective method and won't just get you bigger and stronger..but you'll be IN SHAPE, with true functional strength and endurance. Pretty cool.

I been doing crossfit style workouts for over one year now after "body building" for 14 years. I would never go back to conventional body building. I challenge any body builder out there to try and survive a crossfit met-con workout like the one in the vid. It will make you realize how useless those muscles that look so pretty in the mirror actually are.

I can go on about this all day... but to make a long story short, if you only want to look pretty in the mirror or on stage, stick with body building. If you only want to lift a ton of weight, stick with power lifting. If you want to run a marathon, keep on runnin'. BUT, if you want to have a respecable deadlift, squat, press, 10k time, 5k time, 100m time, 400m time etc. etc.... basically if you want to be an all around better athlete with improved performace in REAL sports, try Crossfit

By the way, that workout is called "Fran". It's 21-15-9 reps of 135 lb. thrusters and pull-ups FOR TIME. That is why the are doing kipping pull-ups (to save time).

So just to be clear, 21 thrusters, 21 pull-ups, 15 thrusters, 15 pull-ups, 9 thrusters and 9 pull-ups. The faster guy does it in about 2:25. Any body builders on here think they can do that?

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/health/fitness/20070828-9999-lz1c28getout.html

Last edited:
Top Bottom