Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Video: 17 year old Ilya Illin Clean and Jerks 216kg@85kg

super_rice

I don't know if any of you guys have seen this yet, but I haven't been able to stop watching it the last two days. I saw this originally a couple days after the world champs but from this angle the lift looks even more incredible.

Liu Haixia in the first C&J 151kg @ 63, but the most incredible, 17 year old Ilya Illin C&J Junior WR of 216kg@85kg!!

Keep in mind, most poeple have only been exposed to "that Dimas" video. Dimas's best C&J was 215kg, and this kid has probably not reached his peak yet. I shudder to think that someone my age can throw 450+ pounds over their head that easily.

http://s24.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0C75UC6P22D5L224QDNGN9UQO9
Video courtesy of Dan Hwang

No words. <~~ Except those. <~~ And those. <~~...

Seriously though - what the fuck? Genetics + steroids I'm guessing? I mean, how does this happen? That's no fair. I'm going to whine and bitch about this all the way to much fucking grave. Which I won't ever actually have, 'cause I'm immortal, but still.

pretty damn easy looking for a limit lift! And Dimas is a lot leaner than this guy too

this guy and that other Chinese female lifter I saw at the OLympics are damn freakish. They make PR weights look like warmups

coolcolj said:
pretty damn easy looking for a limit lift! And Dimas is a lot leaner than this guy too

this guy and that other Chinese female lifter I saw at the OLympics are damn freakish. They make PR weights look like warmups

The product of perfect technique. Catch it perfect, so you get perfect timing to bounce out of the hole. The bar is set properly after clean recovery so no need to waste energy replacing it. Wait for the right moment, and big drive...

And yeah, we can give credit to steriods taking them there (Ilya's got a big ole bald patch) but then again, if we all started training at 12 with the same coach, took the same if not more juice, 99.9% of us will still never lift those weights. It's still about genetics and talent.

Good news, I C&Jed 110 :)

Thats insane !!!!!!
Congrats on your 110 c&j, i think i'm gunnna start oly lifting in about 1 to1 and a half years time. Clips like this are good motivation.

Meh. What's the big deal? I saw a 145 pound guy bounce 225x2 off his chest in the bench press. Now THAT'S impressive. LoL

That vid is ridiculous. That's a sick amount of weight and they make it look easy. This is, though, gonna' be used in the old 'strength v. size' debate . . .

my knees feel like they are going to blowout just watching that. But damn, that is some serious weight.

Top Bottom