Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Vertical Leap training thread

I know this thread is dated but thought I would chime in as others may still find this thread when searching for vertical jump training info like I did. Things have changed a lot in the vertical jump training arena in the last few years. There are a lot of great training programs out there like The Jump Manual by Jacob Hiller, Air Alert, Vertical Explosion and more.

Each of these programs have their own web sites. There are also a number of other web sites that deal with the latest vertical jump training techniques and programs but don't push any particular program like Get More Hops!. I hope this helps someone.

I know this thread is dated but thought I would chime in as others may still find this thread when searching for vertical jump training info like I did. Things have changed a lot in the vertical jump training arena in the last few years. There are a lot of great training programs out there like The Jump Manual by Jacob Hiller, Air Alert, Vertical Explosion and more.

Each of these programs have their own web sites. There are also a number of other web sites that deal with the latest vertical jump training techniques and programs but don't push any particular program like Get More Hops!. I hope this helps someone.

Air Alert is one of the worst jumping program....ever.

All it did is mess up my knees. It will work for a beginner but there is plenty of better programs out there.

I got up to a 36 inch vert now just by working on my squats. I can almost dunk at 5'8''

For most people, increasing the vertical jump is not a very difficult matter. Squats, Deadlifts, Power Cleans, perhaps snatches are what most people need. Add in plyometrics way later when you can back squat a good amount (1.5x to 2x your BW), and you'll be good. If you have a high BF%, then decreasing it will help as well.

Jumping is an explosive exercise that occurs in a split second. Doing hundreds of repetitions as in air alert will rarely if ever help, unless you're an absolute beginner (then in that case, almost anything will help).

Top Bottom