Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

V-squat machine?

viperbluelx

Doing squats with a barbell kills my shoulders/neck. I don't know what it is, I've tried it with pads and everything but the pressure on my shoulders give me sharp pains. Anyway, is the V-squat machine a worthwhile alternative? I realize it probably won't work my core as much but it still gives my legs a great pump. I can do about 325lb on the v-squat machine but I couldn't even think about doing that much with a barbell.

You have probably just never been taught where to position the bar correctly. You shouldn't need a pad to help with it. Find somebody, if you can find somebody, in your gym that actually squats. With good form and ask them for tips. If you can't then ask a trainer if there are any there at your gym to help you out. It's hard to describe but it's not on top of your shoulders but more of this niche o. Your back between some muscles. It's natural once you find it. My guess is you are placing it almost squarely on top of your shoulders.

Top Bottom