Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

upright exercise bike ?

buffchic69

hey guys.

I'm just wondering can you use an exercise bike to tone legs using a high resistance or is the bike just a means of cardio only ?

I totally hate training legs especially w/ weights, lunges, squats, etc. I just hate it. I haven't been using any weight on legs for like 2 weeks now. I want to trim them down, but put a little muscle tone into them ?

Any thoughts ?

PS: what is the best way to tighten up the glutes, you know not a hard as a rock full of muscle glutes, but some muscle in the butt, and I tighter, more higher, lifted look ? ANYTHING BUT DEADLIFTS !!!!!

high reps, low weight, or just the opposite for glutes ?

buffchic69 said:
hey guys.

I'm just wondering can you use an exercise bike to tone legs using a high resistance or is the bike just a means of cardio only ?

I totally hate training legs especially w/ weights, lunges, squats, etc. I just hate it. I haven't been using any weight on legs for like 2 weeks now. I want to trim them down, but put a little muscle tone into them ?

Any thoughts ?

PS: what is the best way to tighten up the glutes, you know not a hard as a rock full of muscle glutes, but some muscle in the butt, and I tighter, more higher, lifted look ? ANYTHING BUT DEADLIFTS !!!!!

high reps, low weight, or just the opposite for glutes ?

[RANT} WTF You hate to deadlift and squat??? You want to build a better body those two lifts are essentail! People that don't deadlift, squat or bench press shouldn't be aloud on the weight room floor. Your taking up space that is for people that really care about training and sculpting a better body. [END RANT]

Answer to your question yes you HAVE TO to use weights to training your legs cardio is not enough.

I kinda thought that. just wondered if I set the resistance really high on the bike would it do anything for the legs.

unless ure a serious bike rider...the thighs and calves on bike riders are seriously strong

I agree but I am not sure you can achieve that from a stationary bike unless you are approaching it like a spin class. However I've seen plenty of people who are excellently conditioned from Spin, e.g. the instructors, however they are still fat. What's up w/ that? Maybe, uh, DIET???

But if you look at people like bike sprinters or distance bikers -- slightly diff build in the legs based on the endurance aspect, but you definitely see some NIIIICE quads & calves!

Top Bottom