Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Upper pecs vs Lower Pecs

Bullit

Colon Cowboy
Platinum
Ok, normally I only do flat Db and dips. On tues I decided to switch to incline and dips.
I have been one of the guys who doubted the whole upper/lower pec thing, and thought that you couldnt isolate upper/lower.
However today only my upper pec is sore. After flat I definitely feel it in the lower pec, but NONE today.
Interstingly though, I feel it all over my pec when doing flat... lower AND upper.

I have been converted.

Inclines are an excellent upper pec builder. . . just look at all of the pro bodybuilders. Many of them perform nothing but incline movements and they are capable of shifting well over 405lbs for reps. Are you going to stick with incline dumbbells for a while?

I agree, Inclines are great. Incline and weighted leaning dips. Pretty much hammers the whole peck. Right now my routine doesn't even call for any flat work. Incline 30 degrees, weighted leaning dips, and cable crossovers. I've been getting great results off it. My chest is always blasted.

Scaggs

louden_swain said:
Are you going to stick with incline dumbbells for a while?

Well when I do flat I feel it in the whole pec muscle.
When I do incline I only feel it in my upper pec.

Therefore I think that I will continue with flat for sure, and switch it up to incline once in a while for a shock.

Its kinda wierd cuz I dont feel any soreness in my lower pec at all.. so the dips didnt really hit the lower too hard. I think the dips strenghten my tris more than my pecs anyway.

Top Bottom