Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

upper / lower body split...

wanderlust

I do upper body 3 days/week, abs 1, and legs 1...should I splt my legs into two days? I don't want to get that large on top skinny on bottom look. Why am I splitting upper 3 ways, but lower only 1?

wanderlust said:
I do upper body 3 days/week, abs 1, and legs 1...should I splt my legs into two days? I don't want to get that large on top skinny on bottom look. Why am I splitting upper 3 ways, but lower only 1?

simply because the legs can be efficiently thrashed in 45 minutes for a week. do calves twice a week if it bothers you.

Why is this? Is it because the leg muscles are larger and can take more abuse so they don't have to be babied along? I would think it would be the other way, that they'd need to be worked out more often because they are much bigger.

Well you must be right, because my legs ARE thrashed right now (did legs sunday).

Why, though./

my legs will stay sore for like 4 or 5 days after a really hard leg workout, all except the calves which never seem to get sore. I train calves like 3x a week, but i have to be careful when training calves not to involve the rest of the leg (like quads) or that can screw up the schedule. It seems like the quads and the hams LOVE to stay sore forever.

Top Bottom