Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

upper and inner chest

BIG FUCK YOU TO THE CACK, PENNYWISE READ THIS

ok first thing is dont listen to this cack guy or the others, they must be retarded.
lets just ignore the stupid fuckfaces for now.

i have targeted specific areas on my chest to grow and the next day (SURPRISE!!!!!!!!) they did grow (uuh, dohh).
i guess it must have been a miracle or something, since its "techincally" impossible according to your fucking encyclopedia.

ill give some examples...
say i wanted to target my upper-outer chest, i would do incline widest grip possible presses. no other part of my chest will grow when i do them. only the upper-outer chest.
say i wanted to target my upper-inner chest, i would do incline hand-to-hand(both hands touching) presses.
both the upper-inner and middle-upper-inner part of the chest will grow.

u think im lying for the fuk of it or something?
maybe im hallucinating! yeah i think thats right, im just imagining it right?
my chest didnt grow. it must a placebo effect.

A BIG FUCK YOU TO ALL THE RETARDS MAKING IT HARD FOR THIS KID.

if u want your inner-upper chest to grow then i suggest you do what i did, the hand-to-hand incilne presses and let the barbell down to your neck area. if u cant balance it just yet then u can use the smith machine or any machine that balances the barbell. this will definately stimulate it, you will see for yourself.

just sounds like you are using 2-3 different exercises to actually give yourself the full range of motion you arent getting with the standard straight bar bench press. you probably werent getting a full contraction and hence your muscle isnt getting its full stimulation. to each his own, if you like to do more work than is necessary, go for it.

if you want to stop wasting your time, pick up those things called dumbells and use em nice and slow throughout the range of motion. press and flye.

no need for hand to hand, clavicle/skull crusher presses and ultra wide grip wrist wreckers.

"its like dog biting a stone....its just stupid."

I dont know how long crackrot has been training but it sounds to me as if your a pretty young kid that has not been around the block very long. If you read most of these posts people are making testimonials based on their own experiences. Calling people stupid leads me to believe that you really dont have a place on this board. If your intention is to mock, then take it to another site. As for targeting your upper and inner chest, you most certainly can . How the hell can you come out and say for example, that you cant target certain parts of your back. That is the remark of a very unseasoned lifter. You mean to tell me if I do hyperextensions Im going to hit my upper back, get real. Yes, genetics have a great role in the type of physique you have but I have yet to see anyone with a great chest that does not hit incline presses and flyes intensly, if any names come to mind please enlighten me! Thats it for this post, its beginning to tire me.

Last edited:
I am in the same boat as the original poster... and now I am confused. If I go hard with one motion that is suppose to isolate my upper chest or inner chest, will that portion of my chest feel sorer?

I just always assumed that the clavical and sternal heads of the major pectoralis were separated enough that by changing the angle, even if they contracted at the same time, each bore a different proportion of the load.

u guys dont get wat hes saying. hes saying that if u contract ur chest muscle. the entire muscle will contract regardless of where the force of the weight is coming from or how ur holding the weight. which is true. and does make it impossible to isolate a part of the muscle. working the muscle in different ways has benefits. it encourages overall growth of the muscle. because ur stimulating the muscle in a different manner. if u just did flat bench. ur muscles growth would slow because it gets used to the movement. to prove the point. try doing ur flat bench first. then do incline immeadiately after. then the next week. do incline first and ur flat bench immeadiately after. if they were different muscles. ur lifts should be the same. but i kno from experience. theyre not. if u flat bench first. ur incline will be weaker. if u incline first. ur flat will be weaker. however if u bench press and then did curls. ur lifts would be exactly the same regardless of the order. the reason some people have more developed outer. and mroe developed inner is genetic. its just how ur chest grows. if u keep working ur chest it will eventually fully develop. people just grow differently. but the helpmepls guy is full of shit. id love to know what kind of steroid hes taking if he sees noticable growth the day after he works a muscle. and hes such a freak that he can control which part grows week to week. idk why hes nto competin for Mr. O this year.

FYI, the thread is 7 years old. Thanks for reviving it, lol.

Look at the anatomy of the chest. There is a pectoralis major and minor. The pectoralis minor is the upper chest. You CAN train the uper chest more directly with incline presses.

A close grip bench will squeeze the inner part of the pectoralis major, and fill it in. Obvioulsy there is not an inner pectoral muscle, there is just upper and lower, but a closer grip press will cause the pectoralis major cells on the inner part of the chest to grow and fill in better.

i think crackerot69 is going to have a difficult time building his chest with his scientific information. i started just doing flat bench in my garage for about 4 months and the middle of my chest was built decently, but my chest still looked bad because it was just one small part of my chest that was built. the fact of the matter is that your pecs are a big muscle and different exercises need to be done to build different parts of that muscle, if you want real advice visit a site like bodybuilding.com, i wouldn't go check a science forum like crarckerot69 did. there is definitely an inner lower and upper chest. I found this out when i joined a gym and started doing decline press, incline press, incline dumbells, incline flys, decline flys, flat bench, flat dumbells etc. when i started doing all these exercises along with eating 3 chicken breast for dinner, 8 eggs for breakfast, and lots of lunch meat on a sandwich for lunch and a whey protien supplement after lifting my entire pecs got huge, and so for i have gained 25 pounds, none of which are fat. if you are having problems gaining mass on your upper pecs i would suggest think about your diet, but most importantly add some weight on to your incline press. i am constantly adding weight to my incline press, i aim for 4 sets, 8 reps on the first set, and usually 5 reps on the last set, i have seen some serious restults within the last 8 months or so. dont listen to these people who say there is no such thing as inner outer and lower chest, my guess is they dont have much muscle, theyre probably either fat or super scrawny. have a high protien diet, eat carbohydrates before you lift, eat lots of protien after you lift, high instensity workout, heavy weight to gain that mass, work every part of the chest, and if your not sore for atleast 2 days after your workout then you're not working hard enough. i am in the gym for atleast an hour and 45 minutes working only my pecs 2-3 days a week, usually 2 because i get really sore. i have seen serious results by doing these things, i would suggest checking out bodybuilding.com

I really can't stand little kids getting on here trying to sound like college professors. Crackrot, you forget that you aren't preaching to uneducated retards who have no experience with this issue (unlike the people you undoubtedly surround yourself with). And by the way..., here is a suggestion if you want to be a guru on this subject. Get a loan, go to college and enroll in the following classes:

1-Anatomy
2-Physiology
3-Bio-Mechanics
4-Kinesiology
5-Microbiology

After you have taken these courses at a top University, and passed with at least a B average, get back on here and tell us how wrong you were...., dumbass.

Now to answer the issue at hand. Yes bros, the pectorals (term is plural mind you and taken straight from a medical school anatomy book) CAN be trained to shift EMPHASIS to different areas of the tissue. To those of you who doubt this point..., I challenge you to try my following suggestions for UPPER pec emphasis using incline barbell presses, with NO OTHER CHEST WORK. After 24-48 hrs, you WILL have DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness for those like Crackrot who are uneducated and inexperienced on the topic of bodybuilding science) in the pectoral tissue around and inferior to the clavicle bones, commonly referred to as the "upper pecs." You will NOT have ANY DOMS in or around the tissue under the nipple area, commonly referred to as the "lower pecs." If your theory that the entirety of the tissue within the pectorals is worked evenly regardless of angle and/or exercise choice, then this would be an impossibility. The entirety of the tissue from clavicle to rib, and sternum to humerus would experience DOMS.

UPPER PECS:
1-Always do Incline barbell bench presses first in your chest routine.
2-Make sure your body maintains the angle at which the bench is constructed throughout your range of motion. I see guys all the time arching their backs and raising their asses up off the bench because they are using too much weight. That will change the angle at which gravity is hitting the body, shifting the emphasis to include more lower pecs. Keep that ass against the pad.
3-Use a lighter weight, slower cadence (3sec negative w/ a 2sec positive), a FULL range of motion, and maintain this protocol until you reach positive failure around the 6-9 rep range. (Use a spotter please!)
4-Roll your shoulder blades up+back+down, to shift the anterior deltoid head into a less dominant position.
5-Don't bring the bar down to your nipples. Bring the bar down toward you clavicles, and then press the bar up in a slight arc so that at the top of the rep it is right above your mouth.

Follow these recommendations and I guarantee you will see and feel the difference in your upper pecs.

For your inner pectorals, the main thing is getting a peak contraction. This is best achieved by using a cybex chest press machine which brings your hands in closer together as you press the weight away from your body. Most gyms have some type of this machine if you live in a big enough city.

Secondly, allot of experts on this issue recommend using a slightly narrower grip to shift some of the pressure away from the shoulder joint. This in turn will shift the pressure toward your sternum, which is the area in question. It can't hurt to try that theory seeing as the less stress on the shoulder joint the better IMO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom