Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

upper and inner chest

You CAN target upper pecs!!! How do you guys come out and blatently say, you cant target certain areas of the pecs. Thats like saying you cant target certain parts of your back, its bullshit, because I've done it. If you look at anybody with a full chest thats someone that does serious inclines. Lack of inclines causes the chest to look smooth. Look at Franco . He had a split in his pecs that seperated his uppers from lowers. I agree that genetics have a huge say but to get thickness in the upper and inner area will NOT be achieved by flat bench pressing alone. Once I got to a point where I was cranking out 12 reps with 225 on incline my chest fucking exploded and got ripped at the same time. For me, I was able to isolate the area and am currently doing flat bench last. I go heavy with my flyes(always incline) and hit wieghted dips for my lowers. Muscles are three dimensional, work them as such. NUF SAID!!

Some people are stupid...

"You CAN target upper pecs!!! How do you guys come out and blatently say, you cant target certain areas of the pecs. Thats like saying you cant target certain parts of your back, its bullshit, because I've done it."

How can i say that you cannot target the upper and lower pecs? Maybe becuase i understand anatomy and don't get all of my information from Arnolds Encyclopedia. You can target a few different muscles in your back, you can target the lats, traps, rear delts, and the spinal erectors, other than that...nope. You cannot target the "lower lats", for example.

"If you look at anybody with a full chest thats someone that does serious inclines."

Now this statement is just fucking stupid. Even if it was possible to target the upper chest (which it isn't), the lower chest still makes up the bulk of the chest, so you would still be best to focus on flat/decline work. Although none of this matter, as the chest is just, in all functional sense, one muscle.

"Look at Franco . He had a split in his pecs that seperated his uppers from lowers. I agree that genetics have a huge say but to get thickness in the upper and inner area will NOT be achieved by flat bench pressing alone."

Genetics has EVERYTHING to do with it, period.

"For me, I was able to isolate the area and am currently doing flat bench last. I go heavy with my flyes(always incline) and hit wieghted dips for my lowers. Muscles are three dimensional, work them as such. NUF SAID!!"

LOL!

"I guess I will cave and listen to the experts here. From now on I will only do decline for the rest of my life since that is the best."

Decline/Dips are the best exercise for the pecs, as they most closely mimic the pecs primary function - pushing the arms across the body and downward.

"I am just using the logic put forth by a lengthy tome that was conflicting at best and did not help answer the original question. I may be wrong but I read in that response that different angles stimulate the muscle in different ways and then you can't isolate. It might not be isolation but you are definitely working the muscle and stimulating it in different ways."

Yes, different movements will recruit different motor units, that's about it. That was not the issue, the issue was if you can target the upper and lower chest as a serperate muscle - and you cannot.

"Crack....great post! Thanks and keep them coming."

Will do :)

Last edited:
Don't know how you do decline/dips but my arms do not cross my body. They do go downward though. Maybe you should brush up on that anatomy.

Now i have to teach you the english language, too?

Lets look at the definition of "across":

across [1] (adverb)

[Middle English acros, from Anglo-French an crois, from an in (from Latin in) + crois cross, from Latin crux]

First appeared 14th Century

1 : in a position reaching from one side to the other : CROSSWISE

2 : to or on the opposite side

Now, one side to the other. In a dip your arms go from the top of your body, pushing downward towards your lower body. This would be considered "across". In a dip, the arms go across the body in a vertical plane.

You could also go across the outside of the body, to the inside, as with a flye.

Do you understand?

Thanks for the lesson, but when you say downwards and across you could confuse some people into thinking you are talking about flyes which in the context of your use, you were.

Whatever. I tried to drop it but when you keep calling people stupid it will only make you look even more so. I could sit here and write five thousand words and sound hypocritical also but I don't waste my efforts as much as some people who cracked an anatomy book open once. I know what works for me, and only me, just like I stated above. So keep talking out of your ass and making yourself even less credible by just replying with a smooth one liner.

Top Bottom