Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

upper back help!

kingc_79

any suggestions on moves for upper back? ... i really need some work on my upper back to help w/ stones.... i used to do face pulls but i just dont feel i get enough from them.. i currently use a wsb style format.

what part of your upper back do you feel is weak?

sorry if im stalling for bfold to come in and offer up some help. Jt Iron has some great ideas too.

the point im getting at is, what is breaking down in your stones? upper back stability, holding power, etc.

face pulls will be alright for rear delt work, and mid traps. if you are looking for more lat, you might want to lower the angle of your elbows and row more, or even implement some pullups for direct lat strength. though i respect the whole "in the same plane" argument, with regards to rowing vs. pulldown/pullup, its a fresh change to throw in some heavy pullups. IMO.

here :) :

Bent over rows followed by

dumbell laterals followed by

Shriugs followed by

Rear deltoid laterals followed by

more Shrugs

King- I got a few suggestions, nothing perfect but I started doing weighted chin-ups and pull-ups and then I do Yate's rows with lighter weight and try to keep my arch as tight as possible and really work on the final 6 inches, no bounce no jerk just pure power. This static contraction is not the same as a stone but I think it might have some turnover. This plus angle shrugs and snatch grip shrugs were you lean a little forward might help

I'd suggest heavy rows as they build some overall power as well as really strengthening the back and lower traps.

Cheers,
Scotsman

thanks...i may start doin shrugs face down on inc again...i do rack pulls already...i guess i can start throwin pull ups in again. i also do rows already...usually on me upper at 3 x 8

Top Bottom