Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Upcoming training info/diet info/cycle info...critique.

view

i am most interested in feedback on the training. Mostly because I am a bit stubborn in my diet, and this ain't really the place for aas talk, but it is a bit relevant.

anywho, I am planning 6 weeks of loading and 6 weeks of deloading. There is logic for it, but first here is the split. the loading weeks are 3x5 and the deloading weeks are 2x3. (this holds true for all exercises, even the so-called accessory/isolation exercises). my past 2 runs with the way I have done the 5x5 has taught me that volume is not something I need more of, but rather less of. additionaly, I do a bit more variety than regular 5x5, but it just makes it more fun and enjoyable (and to me thats pretty important).

Monday
-Front Squats (reg squats = too much low back stress)
-Flat Bench Press
-Dynamic Row
-Good Mornings
-DB Hammer Curl
-Lying Tricep Extensions

Wednesday
-Barbell Hack Squats
-Standing Overhead Barbell Press
-Weighted Chin Ups
-Narrow Grip Flat Bench
-Front Barbell Shrugs (not power shrugs, they hurt my low back)
-Barbell Curls

Friday
-Front Squats
-Incline Bench Press
-Dynamic Row
-Weighted Dips
-Barbell Preacher Curls
-Weighted Hypers

the rationale behind 6 weeks of loading is this. I have been on restricted calories for a good 3 months now, so the rebound of adding muscle growth should be quite large. Additionally I am going to be on 1gram of test for the 12 weeks, so I should be able to handle an extended loading period.

cardio is done on tues/thurs/sat, but should not contribute to overtaining. I am only gonna do 30 minutes at 135-145 HR just for health benefits, and to maybe avoid a bit of fat.

the diet looks like this:

meal one:
1.5 cups oatmeal
1 banana
500ml skim milk
2 cups of 1% cottage cheese

meal two:
2 whole wheat bagels with all natural peanut butter
2.5 scoops of whey protein isolate

meal three:
4 servings of brown rice (good for 100 carbs)
8 oz chicken breast
2-3 cups of brocolli

meal four (pretraining):
1.5 cups of oats
1 apple
1 banana
2.5 scoops of whey protein isolate

meal five (postraining):
90 grams dextrose (in the form of gatorade)
2.5 scoops whey protein isolate

meal six
12 ounce baked potatoe with ketchup
8 ounce sirlion steak
500ml skim milk

meal seven
2 cans of tuna
2 tablespoons flax seed oil
10 gram metamucil fibre supplement

not exactly sure what the macros break down too, but i think it should work.

thoughts anyone?

One thing, the idea of deloading is to disipate accumulated fatigue. Fatigue disipates fairly quickly so while you might want your initial progression to run for 6 weeks assuming you start reasonably, you probably only need a week or so to deload before pushing hard again. The 2nd half of the 5x5 is really an intensity phase for peaking strength a bit, it's not really pure deloading. In the pure deloading sense you might take 1-2 weeks to accomplish this rather than a long extension.

Not sure whether it's just semantics but I wanted it to be clear for you. You could go 4-6 weeks (or as your body tells you, you know what overreaching feels like now, maybe you can even handle a good bit more than you think), deload for 2 weeks, and push another 4 weeks, deloading again. Just make sure your PCT includes high intensities (heavy weight/%1RM) and lower workloads - and don't be carrying much fatigue when the test runs out.

looks great however i thought deloading was for the sake of recover to almost back to normal and then hitting it hard again and like madcow2 says i dont see why someone would need to deload for 6 weeks mabye tone it down but u probly have more experience than me and im just starting to run my first 5x5 so tell me how ur workout routine u made up works because who knows it could end up being used by others in the future.

Top Bottom