Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

UFC fight randy couture and his high alkalizing diet

Animal said:
Baking soda sucks is why.

Potassium Citrate is the ticket. :)

FOnz

Animal said:
Lemons are alkaline? Hmmm.

Anyhow, take 5-10 potassium citrate caps a day to do the same thing.
How much potassium citrate is in each capsule?

What's a maximum dose? Are there any sides associated with larger doses?

Thanks!.....B32 :)

Around 1200mg per cap.

Max is 28g or so.

With higher dose as the body switches over to alkaline you get a drunken/woozy feeling. That's the only side.

I only use about 10g or so at most and usually 5.

Lemons are not alkaline. They are alkalyzing. See?

Its their acidic content that causes this effect, in fact.

Moving on.

Potassium citrate is fine, but be aware of dose.

About the GBL. GHB does not cause acidosis at any appreciable rate, although it has a VERY slight impact. So an alkalyzing diet is certainly best.

GBL, however, requires the use of an OH ion to convert to GHB, and it gets this from the blood. So you can get acidic very quickly, depending on your usage.

In fact, the severe symptoms described with constant GBL use, i.e. horrific withdrawals, sickness, confusion, lethargy...are more likely a result of metabolic acidosis.

Baking soda can work, but there is the side effect of sodium loading. Again, potassium citrate is key. This is also true because GBL leeches potassium from the body very quickly also. A related effect, actually.

I am able to stave off acidosis by supplementing my diet with wheatgrass, grapefruits, and watermelon. I have used a great deal of GBL. I have gone acidic from it, once. And once is enough, believe me. You will KNOW when there is a major dip in pH, trust me. You will feel shaky, lethargic, weak, paranoid, anxious. BAD.

If you get in this state, fire some greens and lemons and, you got it, potassium citrate.

About the baking soda. Never take it on a full stomach, ever. Also, be certain it is completely dissolved in water. No white, all clear before drinking. Drink it slowly. Use no more than one measured teaspoon at a time, and no more than once every two hours, for no longer than three days.

Like Animal said, it is not the first choice. But it works in a pinch, I can attest first hand.

BTW, being too alkaline can be deadly as well. Know your ranges and doses. They vary from person to person.

Last edited:
No reason to think so. However, athletes have been loading with baking soda for years. I have actually tried this, and I can attest to the fact that it will increase your endurance immediately, as in that same day.

However, as I have stated, you must be familiar with the effects, as well as familiar with the symptomology of alkylosis. Too severe, and goodbye.

Alkylosis can occur with a loss of protons and a gain of bicarbonate. Diuretic therapy, or a loss of gastric acids, can also lead to alkylosis.

Generally the condition is mild, and indeed, the body functions better in a slightly alkaline environment. But as with acidosis, severe alkylosis can be tragic.

I believe that improper blood pH is a MAJOR contributor to physical ailments. Maybe more so than any other non-bacterial/viral issue.

The problem with baking soda is that you take a dose that works and you are gonna be in gastric distress including diarrhea.

PC doesn't have this problem.

Lemons, an acid, cause you to be alkaline while an alkaline substance like PC does, too? Sorry, but you don't drink orange juice or products with citric acid during endurance events because it hinders your blood buffer.

You're right about the baking soda. In general, it's just a bad approach.

You're also wrong about lemons. They are the most alkalyzing food that we know of.

You are talking about buffering lactic acidosis, a different issue.

Lemons correct metabolic acidosis.

Trust me on this one.

Top Bottom