Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

twice a day workouts smart or stupid?

Hawkinsonchair

lets say i did a heavy workout in the morning for 75 minutes of weight training and then in the evening did a shorter 30 minute workout. in the morning more compound lifts and heavy type stuff and then my PM workout was isolation stuff like smaller muscle groups. would this work or is it a stupid idea?

I don't think that much training will be sustainable or beneficial for the long-term. What can be effective is twice per day if you split up weight training and cardio sessions.

You probably won't like the answer...

"It depends".

If you have all the time in the world for nutrition and recovery it can work. I used to do this in the summer when I'd be home from college in the 00s.

I'd do 30 minutes in the AM, eat and sleep, then 30 minutes in the PM. No gear needed.

That said you need to be sensible about the programming and lift %'s as well.

You probably won't like the answer...

"It depends".

If you have all the time in the world for nutrition and recovery it can work. I used to do this in the summer when I'd be home from college in the 00s.

I'd do 30 minutes in the AM, eat and sleep, then 30 minutes in the PM. No gear needed.

That said you need to be sensible about the programming and lift %'s as well.

20 years old though. you can't do that at 40.

during the 80's bill walsh came up with the idea to rest his players instead of pound them into the dirt all season. it led to the 9ers dominating that era year in and year out while other teams fell apart late in the season. today it is standard for teams not to allow hitting during the season in practice.

It all depends on your workout. If you are pushing yourself hard enough, then i will suggest to not do that twice a day. Taking rest while doing workout is necessary for healing muscles.

Top Bottom