Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Twice a day cardio

craniumak

Seeing what you guys think. I have read a lot about doing cardio twice a day and have seen a lot of mixed reviews. What would be your opinion of twice a day low intensity cardio for efficient fat loss. I have my diet in check and seeing if I have it in me to get into competetion condition. Would I be wasting my time or is it effective?

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

I read that if you exercise for 45 minutes your metabolism remains increased for 14 hours, so if you to cardio twice a day, or at least two 45 minute workouts, then you can keep your metabolism raised all the time. But then you have to fit in the weight training too! Great if you have a lot of time on your hands.

I agree its def. can have its benefits but remember to include weight training in this...You never want to over-train though. If your doing 2xdays make sure you have at least a day off each week to rest, if not two. What type of Splits or Routines are you doing along with this??

2x a day every day is too much unless you are doing different types (bike/run/swim). Also want to vary the intensity--meaning have easy/recovery days and HITT days. Long, slow, distance, the mantra for fat loss is still valid but some of the underlying theories are changing--short story is cannot let your body acclimate to any specific level for too long as you just get too efficient. variety of duration and intensity is the key.

2x a day also leads to either injury or burnout. I always used 2x a day when e.g. I raced in the morning and did a slow 30 minute run that night to loosen up/or the following am to recover from speed work the prior evening.

If you can get away with it and not overdo it like eddy's saying then by all means I'd do it. I do a med intensity cardio at 5:30am then again at high intensity 6:30pm. I take a least one full day off a week and I only do something light on leg days.

Twice a day cardio is alot but also depends on your goals and how many times a week are you doing this because your body needs some rest as well to recuperate and make sure you stretch in your cool down process so the muscles elongate personally I would suggest cardio every other day and not more than 30 to 35 minutes.

When my pop was getting ready for marathons and training a ton he would run 2-3 times a day. Getup and run. At lunch for work, go run. Get home, go run. Usually he would do 5-10 miles each time. He got fast and lean and did killer when he ran in races. Saturdays would be his long days. Instead of doing 2-3 he would do a 20+ miler. When I ramp up I'm normally doing 2 a day. Nothing like the old man but for my size it's about all I can handle. If I dropped down in weight I imagine I could do more but I don't plan on doing that any time soon.

twice a day ROCKS! Yes excellent just decide which one will be your quality training. So let s say run an easy 10 in the monring and then in the afternoon you do your quality 2nd training in cardio. Then rest 20-40 min and hit the gym. Another easy 10 minutes will help your legs loosen up or some 30m sprints

New here but I have a strong positive opinion FOR doing cardio twice per day.
Considering the conflicting information that currently out there about which is better, long/slow vs HiiT, fasting or with food, I chose to do both. I do my a.m. cardio, 35+ minutes moderate on empty stomach soon after getting up. Then I do my strength workout, usually with a trainer and I follow either immediately or that evening with 35-45 minutes of HiiT. If nothing else, you're getting your hour of cardio for the day, have some variety to break monotony and if either is better, you're getting it.
My only caveat is that for my morning cardio I don't want to do so much that I lack the energy for my strength session in the afternoon since that's my primary focus for now. I aim for about 6 hours between a.m. cardio and strength. Evening cardio is just whenever and sorta 'balls out' since it's at the end of the day anyway.
I'm trying to lose % body fat and gain muscle at the same time and I've been told that shorter duration cardio is less likely to impair muscle growth than longer sessions.
This seemed like a good answer and has proven to be productive for me in getting towards my goals.
Since March 1st I've gone from about 238 and 24+ %bf down to 209 and about 19% bf, now my weight is going up and body fat still dropping.
Diet is of course crucial and I'm doing about 50% protein, 25% Carbs and 25% fat per day, and I aim for 300 grams protein daily and have to use protein drinks, raw egg whites, etc to accomplish that while keeping my %'s in the general ratios.
I supplement with lots of stuff from B, C, D, E, Omega 3's, DIM, and various other natural herbs and supplements to control Estradiol and prolactin.
Just finished a cycle of 8 weeks on Tren A along with my standard TRT dose of Test Cyp at 1 ml / wk spilt into 2 or 3 injections - again helping control Estradiol. I have Adex but try not to use it because it's a bit strong for my needs.
Sure hope this helps. I've had great success and would love to have others experience the same.

Top Bottom